Gotta love Murphy and his #*^%%$# law!

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Due to a very long struggle with Microsoft over DRM issues, I decided to trade my Xbox 360 Elite. The DRM struggle began when the first 360 I had RROD'd on me. The arcade titles I had would no longer work unless I was online. This problem persisted for two years and countless calls to what must be a call center in Bali.

The wife and I went through our games, She is an avid gamer and has her own 360, And headed off to the local game trader. I decided to pick up Rock Band for the PS3. I also picked up MGS4 and pre ordered Civilization,also for the PS3.

We went home, set-up Rock Band, and began what turned out to be one of the best times I have had playing any game! The wife is a natural at the guitar, I had visions of playing the drums and singing at the same time. ( Thanks for that one Mr. Collins! ) Needless to say we had a blast.

After playing until the wee hours of the morning, we shut down the PS3 and began planning a party for the next night with Rock Band as a feature attraction.

Now the previous day I had praised my PS3 in public for never having problems. I believe this must have been when Murphy joined our band because the next morning I fired up the PS3 and nothing happened. Nothing, as in no sound, no WLAN light etc.

Now I patiently wait for a box to arrive from Sony unable to play anything.

I hate you Murphy.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Is your ps3 hooked up to a power bar, does it turn on at all? If nothing is happenining try turning off the power bar using the switch, wait 10 seconds and turn the power bar back on and then turn on on your ps3 (leave the plug to the ps3 in power bar and the plug into the wall)...this works for my xbox 360 when i try to turn it on and nothing happens...i know this sound redicolous but it does no harm to try :).

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
No, it's getting juice. The thing gets hot in under two minutes.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
No, it's getting juice. The thing gets hot in under two minutes.

Eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkk:eek: Something is wrong there. I remember one of the audioholics staff posted a while back that they sent their PS3 in due to freezing and overheating. Let us know how this all works out for you.

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
We went home, set-up Rock Band, and began what turned out to be one of the best times I have had playing any game! The wife is a natural at the guitar, I had visions of playing the drums and singing at the same time. ( Thanks for that one Mr. Collins! ) Needless to say we had a blast.
Gosh... that looks like me 6 days ago when I got mine. My friend at guitar and me at the drum having a blast until the sun shines. Then I was playing and saw the mic from the corner of the eye and was wondering if I could play and sign at the same time.

Ambitious geek, I felt like (Yoda voice) lol.

Sorry for the PS3.... try a hard reset (I think you have to hold the power button for like 5-7 seconds)

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I wouldn't have called Sony, I would have taken it back to where I got it and exchanged it since it happened overnight.

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
My PS3 has been with us for 6 months. An in-store exchange would have been great, but thats not an option any longer.

As far as the drumming and Singing, Or even those who can play guitar and sing, I'm not worthy...I'm not worthy...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
A hard reset would be the power button on the back... If it isn't getting power, then the front button isn't going to do anything. I presume Cruise has gone through the basics already to try to reset it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis