paradigm studio 60's vs paradigm monitor 7

R

r33v35

Audioholic Intern
I recently came upon a pair of paradigm studio 60 v.3 for a great price. I have the paradigm monitor 7's v.2 right now. My question is are they really that much better??? I have hooked them up and cant tell a huge difference. It is possible that the 60's arent broken in yet.
I bought a complete home theater from a guy that knew nothing and i figure i paid about 350 for the 60's. Should i sell them and look for something better? Maybe a different brand, i am looking for something used? Or should i keep them?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Without question. What will you be powering them with though? The 60s are also more demanding than the 7s.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
The 60's are far better at everything then the Monitor line...

Much cleaner, tighter and dynamic... also they have better dispersion in room..

For what you paid for them, you can't possibly go wrong, the 60's are great speakers.

R

r33v35

Audioholic Intern
I am powering them with a B&K AVR507. Its AMAZING!!!

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
The Monitor series isn't in the same sound quality class as the Studio series. Not even close IMO.

M

m5isa540

Audioholic Intern
I was going to buy the Monitors until a listened to the Studio speakers. Studio's are in a whole different class.... I ended up buying Studio 100's from Audiogon for about $900 less than I would have paid through a dealer/reseller. For the money, get the Studio's. The price difference isn't that much....

F

fredk

Audioholic General
I listened to the monitor 7s and studio 40s in the same demo room. No contest. The Monitor 7 does not have near the detail of the studio line.

Go for the 60s.

Fred

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
would the difference be noticeable with movie content?

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
would the difference be noticeable with movie content?
As much as the monitors were really good with HT, the Studios are just that much better.... they hold together better at really high SPLs, which is another reason for me to go the extra mile for the Studio's...

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
Another thing i wanted to mention off topic.. the v2-v4 monitor line i think is better than the current v5 monitor line...

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
They have v-5 already, is that for the studios too ?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
They have v-5 already, is that for the studios too ?
nope, the monitor line is usually one version ahead of the studios. the day you see a studio v.5 will most likely be the day you see a v.6 Monitor :)

J

jamie2112

Banned
Another thing i wanted to mention off topic.. the v2-v4 monitor line i think is better than the current v5 monitor line...
I read that on avs as well. I know the newer missions don't hold a stick to the ones of 6-8 years ago.....I really like everything I have heard from Paradigm though especially the studio line....

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
nope, the monitor line is usually one version ahead of the studios. the day you see a studio v.5 will most likely be the day you see a v.6 Monitor :)
Thank goodness because I just bought my v4's and dont want to have to trade them in already lol :D

R

r33v35

Audioholic Intern
Does anyone know how many hours to typically break in the studio 60's?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis