90 degree Banana adapters

itschris

itschris

Does anyone know of a place where I can get a 90 degree adapter for banana plugs. I just realized that the cables stick out too far off the wall jacks. I would like a 90 degree to plug into the wall jack so that I could run my cable (with existing banana plugs) in from the bottom or side or however I turn the adapter. I've seen the angled banana plug from Dayton, but that's not much better than what I got. Thanx in advance.

itschris

itschris

Those look just like the Daytons. Since I already bough and put together the cables already, I was hoping to find an adapter to plug into the wall plate for my existing cable to plug into. There's gotta be something out there. They have 90degree RCA adapters.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Those look just like the Daytons. Since I already bough and put together the cables already, I was hoping to find an adapter to plug into the wall plate for my existing cable to plug into. There's gotta be something out there. They have 90degree RCA adapters.
Those connectors I showed are about as 90 degrees as you're going to get. Did you click on the link?

Hint: Click on the 'In-use' picture to see how the cables are inserted into the connector. That should help.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Take a look at these - the wire goes in from the side of the connector.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=091-1260
Those ones suck though. The 091-330 is a little longer, but they are also side entry and work very well. Side entry will be the way to go IMO.

A couple of companies make knockoffs of the short Monster ones for a lot cheaper. I haven't seen a 90 degree banana, but you may need to look in a category other than audio to find it.

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Yes, right angle bananna plugs

Does anyone know of a place where I can get a 90 degree adapter for banana plugs. I just realized that the cables stick out too far off the wall jacks. I would like a 90 degree to plug into the wall jack so that I could run my cable (with existing banana plugs) in from the bottom or side or however I turn the adapter. I've seen the angled banana plug from Dayton, but that's not much better than what I got. Thanx in advance.
See 9304 on this page http://www.e-z-hook.com/Html/BananaPlugs.html

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Those ones suck though. The 091-330 is a little longer, but they are also side entry and work very well. Side entry will be the way to go IMO.

A couple of companies make knockoffs of the short Monster ones for a lot cheaper. I haven't seen a 90 degree banana, but you may need to look in a category other than audio to find it.
Yeah, I wasn't sure about them - I've never used them before but knew the type existed so that's what I came up with. The only true 90 degree banana plugs I've ever seen go with some electrical test leads that I've worked with in the past.

EDIT: Ah, such as the one Midcow just posted. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I ordered a bunch of different ones from PE to see if they were any good, and those particular ones weren't good for side entry, and their tolerances aren't very good on them so the banana part seemed to come loose a bit too easily.

Yeah, those test leads are what I meant by they could be found somewhere other than in audio gear.

itschris

itschris

I just ordered the nicer side mount ones from PE. I'll just take off the one end on my existing cables and see how they work out. Thanks guys.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis