Would like to run two speakers in series off same wire

W

Wolfie777

Audiophyte
Can I run my JBL Northridge E10 and Sony B3000 without causing damage? Reason is cause I have these and no new $ for something better. Amp is 130w Denon 4306.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Can I run my JBL Northridge E10 and Sony B3000 without causing damage? Reason is cause I have these and no new $ for something better. Amp is 130w Denon 4306.
What are you trying to accomplish with two speakers in series?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
What are you trying to accomplish with two speakers in series?
No kidding...

Silly thing, maybe you could connect the Sony to a different set of outputs.;) I am not trying to be a smart@ss, but that sounds like the best solution to me.:D

Oh, and don't run them on the same wire (same connection from the receiver), that's not good for the receiver and could damage it. It will also not sound good.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Do that and you will likely be a lot poorer! Speakers are not resistive loads. Having crossover inductors and drivers in series, will be a real witches brew, that will likely turn out badly.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Do that and you will likely be a lot poorer! Speakers are not resistive loads. Having crossover inductors and drivers in series, will be a real witches brew, that will likely turn out badly.
Who likes the smell of burning silicon?:D

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
Despite what everyone else is saying yes you could run them in parallel just fine. Series and Parallel are different. You can accomplish running them in Parallel with one single wire. Just be sure that first of all you know what your doing with the wiring because its easy to get them crossed and then goodbye reciever. And make sure both sets of speakers are 8ohm speakers. If you dont kjnow how to wire them in parallel perhaps someone else will draw you a diagram. Also. Make sure your speaker wire is at least 14 gauge.

Im pretty certain the Denon has B speaker outputs why not just use them?

But I dont know why you would want to run them both at the same time unless you think it sounds better.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Despite what everyone else is saying yes you could run them in parallel just fine. Series and Parallel are different. .
Yes, but I think he really wants it in series:D

W

Wolfie777

Audiophyte
Woluld like to run two speakers in series offf the same wire

Thanks for all your suggestions. I think I'll just use the back surround for an additional front channel.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Thanks for all your suggestions. I think I'll just use the back surround for an additional front channel.
That might confuse the soundstage having surround info up front.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis