KLH asw10-120 Hook Up

G

Gator KStenz

Enthusiast
Not an audio expert. I was given this sub by my brother in law. The inputs/outputs on the back have me a bit confused. I have a single output jack on my receiver, but the sub has 2 SETS of low level input jacks, as well as 2 sets of high level input/output for speaker wires. How do I connect this to my receiver properly? Receiver is a Yamaha V661 if that helps.

G

Gator KStenz

Enthusiast
So, I take a cable with male adaptors on both ends and run it from the reciever to the female adaptor on the Y cable and plug the Y cables into one of the two low level inputs?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
So, I take a cable with male adaptors on both ends and run it from the reciever to the female adaptor on the Y cable and plug the Y cables into one of the two low level inputs?
There are 4 rca jacks on the subwoofer? If so, one set is an output, don't use it unless you get a second subwoofer.

G

Gator KStenz

Enthusiast
There are 4 rca jacks on the subwoofer? If so, one set is an output, don't use it unless you get a second subwoofer.
Okay. I think I've got it. Yes, 2 are inputs and 2 are outputs.

And, I don't worry about the high level ins and outs because that will be wired directly from the receiver, correct?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Okay. I think I've got it. Yes, 2 are inputs and 2 are outputs.

And, I don't worry about the high level ins and outs because that will be wired directly from the receiver, correct?
The high level inputs and outputs are only there for when the receiver doesn't have a dedicated subwoofer output terminal. Since you will be using the line level (RCA connectors) the high level inputs and outputs should not be used at all.

Let us know if you have anymore questions concerning the setup of your subwoofer or home theater overall.:)

G

Gator KStenz

Enthusiast
I really appreciate it. I think I'm all set from here.

B

BamBam424

Audiophyte
KLH asw10-120 connection?

With an amp that does not have a sub output, just front/rear/center bare wire inserts, then I splice the wires into the front or rear, right and left from the amp to the bare wire high level inputs on the sub? Then plug it in?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Front left and right leads to high level input on the subwoofer then high level output to front left and right speakers. If the subwoofer only has the high level input, no output, do the same thing but connect the leads in parallel. You can do this at the receiver or the subwoofer, whichever uses less wire is preferred.

B

BamBam424

Audiophyte
Really? Interesting

I would never have guessed to do that, but it makes sence now. The person gave this to me as we are putting a movie system together in our clubhouse. She said it would POP off and on? What would make a sub make a sound, like a electric POP? I have not plugged it in to hear it yet.

I have another problem with wiring a new car stereo in my Gulf Stream motorhome and blowing the amp in the stereo, to have to send it back to JVC twice now for repair. Want to try that one?
Bruce

B

BamBam424

Audiophyte
So still no sub?

Hooked it up as needed and I have my other speakers working through the sub outputs, power light is ON on the sub, so I put an ohm meeter on the + and- heading to the sub itself. Not knowing what setting to use I set it for 2000m dc. It read a -3 ish when off and a +4 ish when on. I turned the volumn on the sub up and down and it did not change as I was wondering if it was the amp or the sub speaker?
Comment Seth?

B

BamBam424

Audiophyte
No sub still?

Not sure where my reply post went? So wlll try again seth.
I hooked it up and can hear my other speakers through the sub outputs. Power light is on, so tested the speaker leads from the sub amp to the sub speaker. I was not sure what setting t o use on the ohm meeter, so set it at 2000m dc and it is a -3 when off and a + 4 ish when on, but does not change when I turn the volumn on the sub? So hooked a different speaker to the sub leads and no sound? Guess the amp has a problem?
Bruce

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis