no sound coming out of tv when playing dvd player

S

sunshine1955

Audiophyte
I hooked my dvd player up to my tv..and when I try to play a dvd I have no sound except the sound of the tv channel that I was last watching. Does anyone know why I can not hear the sound from the dvd?:( Thanks for any help

L

landonspop

Audioholic
I hooked my dvd player up to my tv..and when I try to play a dvd I have no sound except the sound of the tv channel that I was last watching. Does anyone know why I can not hear the sound from the dvd?:( Thanks for any help
What cable(s) did you use from the dvd to the tv?

L

landonspop

Audioholic
Plus, I need the output names on dvd and the input names on the tv.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
The TV's input is on cable/antenna. You need to change it to the input to which the DVD player is connected - like Video 1.

S

sunshine1955

Audiophyte
left and right audio from dvd to left and right audio on tv..then one video cable from dvd to tv..I also have a DVR from the cable company..when I put my tv on video 3 to play the dvd all you hear is the sound from the tv..can see the picture from the dvd put no sound just the sound from the tv channel. I also have a receiver hooked up to the tv with surrond sound. It was working fine till I tried to hook up a TV guardian and the guy that sold it to us told me how to hook it up but it wouldnt work with our tv for some reason and now my dvd player sound will not work.

Last edited:
S

sunshine1955

Audiophyte
The TV's input is on cable/antenna. You need to change it to the input to which the DVD player is connected - like Video 1.
I know I put it on video 3 ..you can see the picture but no sound..I have my audio cable left and right going from tv to audio left and right to dvd..then video cable going from dvd to tv...I have a dvr from the cable company..and a receiver with surround sound

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis