Safe and Sound insulation

M

MoreDakka

Enthusiast
I'm not sure what affect this will have on the room itself, has anyone used this product while constructing their HT and how well does it perform for dampening the sound to other levels and does it make a difference on the quality of the sound for your HT?

Thanks.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Keep in mind, there is much more to sound deadening; not just the insulation.

Mineral wool, or ( Rotten Cotton, as it's called in the trades) is very good, and quite common in commercial construction.
It's has much more density than fiberglass.
I would shop mineral wool by price, not necessarily by brand name.
Safe N Sound is just a brand name.

Glenn Kuras

Glenn Kuras

Full Audioholic
Keep in mind, there is much more to sound deadening; not just the insulation.

Mineral wool, or ( Rotten Cotton, as it's called in the trades) is very good, and quite common in commercial construction.
It's has much more density than fiberglass.
I would shop mineral wool by price, not necessarily by brand name.
Safe N Sound is just a brand name.
Right on the money, infact I would go with mineral wool of Safe N Sound. Much cheaper and works just as well.

Glenn

M

MoreDakka

Enthusiast
Hey thanks for the info about Mineral Wool. I'll have to see if there is a local place where I can buy that. So far all I've found is the Safe and Sound stuff ($32 CDN for 50ish sq/ft).

C

ChrisSovari

Enthusiast
The Roxul Safe'n'Sound - Noise & Fire say's "Roxul Safe 'n' Sound™ is made from non-combustible mineral wool so it does not burn and will not release any toxic gases.". I am not able to post the link so check their website.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis