Sony Vpl-VW100 LAMP REPLACEMENT HELP

F

ficus

Audiophyte
Hi,
My lamp recently ran out on my projector. I bought a new one direct from sony and have fitted it. But the problem i am having is that once you replace the lamp, there is a code to reset the lamp timer. I have entered it but am still the onscreen message telling me to replace the lamp.
any ideas anyone?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi,
My lamp recently ran out on my projector. I bought a new one direct from sony and have fitted it. But the problem i am having is that once you replace the lamp, there is a code to reset the lamp timer. I have entered it but am still the onscreen message telling me to replace the lamp.
any ideas anyone?
Is this after properly seating the new lamp and inserting it?
Have you called Sony? May need to call their service center in Laredo I think.
You may also try to ask at AVS on the over $3k projectors. There are a few who have replaced their bulbs in it.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi,
any ideas anyone?
By the way, how do you like your projector? How large is your screen? Do you have hi def yet?

jfatal

Audiophyte
reset lamp timer

You can reset the lamp timer by entering on the remote control the following:
RESET, <, >, ENTER

This must be done in standby mode (red light indicator).

Good Luck...

Last edited:
S

sbecker

Audiophyte
Same problem, but solution not working

I'm having the same problem as ficus, but powering the unit down didn't solve it for me. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful.

Thank you

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I'm having the same problem as ficus, but powering the unit down didn't solve it for me. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful.

Thank you
I was unsuccessful at first with my own JVC, because I was being deliberate, and not fast. The key with JVC is to do it VERY quickly (like both thumbs).

I have no idea if that may help, but it's the best I can offer right now, assuming the above code is a good one.

K

Kerby

Audiophyte
Resetting the Sony VPL-VW100 Hours

The problem is that the instruction on page 65 of the manual (at Sony's website) are misleading. After the manual walks through the lamp and filter replacement, the instructions state (with the projection in standby mode - meaning off but with power): "Pointing the remote control at the projector, press the following buttons on the remote control in the following order for less than five seconds each: RESET, <-, ->, ENTER. The problem is that these instruction should not include the word "each" and it should be said that all four buttons are to be pushed quickly (meaning you need to push each button - in order - as quickly as possible.)

Sony's customer support is not aware of this simple error and do not be mislead by other posts that state that the buttons are to be pushed simultaneously. This is not correct.

In short, push RESET, <-, ->, ENTER (in order) but very QUICKLY.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis