Don't fall for this scam

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm new here and I don't wanna come across as a total scuz bag but I can't help myself. I sold those things. 15 years ago we had to give the company $100 a piece for those things. If we got more we split it. Just breaking even on them was okay because the company had contests and insentives for selling like 5 pair in a day or 20 pair a week. Sometimes your bonus would be a free pair of speakers that you could sell or keep.

So it was organized. Regardless of what we told people the speakers were not stolen. We never got 4 pairs instead of 4 speakers, meaning 4 extra that we had to dump before we got back to the warehouse. We were really selling ilicit situations more than speakers. We always refered to them as monitors. It was the deal people were buying. Ooooh.....1000watts....Ooooh.....$999 MSRP....Ooooh.....Stolen. I was a lousy salesman and tried it for a week. I did manage to sell a pair to an off duty cop. He first checked our invoices and business licence and our drivers licences. If I remember right he promised to track us down if there was a problem.

Oh yeah, depending on the insentive sometimes it was worth it to dump a pair below cost just to hit a magic number to collect the bonus. If you bought a pair don't feel too bad. Those sales guys are good. It's their job. They do that all day long. Everyday. And trust me, it's not easy. At least not for me. And they look good. Liquid cooled too. If you see these guys coming try pitching them first, "Wanna buy a pair of monitors?!?!?"

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis