What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Just picked up a Yamaha RX-V2500 AVR at a yard sale for $25. Had the remote, manual and box. Working on setting up my music system for the lake next summer. More to come.
IMG_1904.jpeg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Should we consider this a sickness now? What does this one bring to the table?
I have four(two JVC, Yamaha and Pioneer) myself from thrift stores at $10-15. All are two heads and are on my three setups. I have yet to find a three head one. I always owned one since a teen kid. Recently got a lot of Cassettes in mint condition from my local thrift stores. It's fun and cassettes are having a comeback like vinyl records in recent years. Just do playback. No recording as recordable Metal/Chrome cassettes are very expensive.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Ok. So, I had to set them up even though the wire and streamer won't be here for a bit longer. I thought it would be good for the break in period. That is the time it will take for my wife to stop complaining about them. :cool:

20231206_131604_sm.jpg

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Looks awesome to me. Beauty is in the eye of the Audioholic! Merry Christmas!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
So first comment when she got home was "Oh my god, I hate them" and left the room. Bummer.
Now, now ... it could be that they're too small.

Perhaps she would like something like YAA's unfinished MDF DIY towers in whatever refrigerator size cabinets, that you could assemble in that very room. Gotta let the wood acclimate.

Good woman. :)

Ok. So, I had to set them up even though the wire and streamer won't be here for a bit longer. I thought it would be good for the break in period. That is the time it will take for my wife to stop complaining about them. :cool:

View attachment 64556
I melted the surround on one Infinity Primus tower that was placed too close to a heat source like your wood stove, nice stove BTW. It took time but the tower further away was fine.

And it didn't melt, the surround disintegrated but melted sounds better. Same difference. :D

You can never ever have a fire with that speaker there. I can tell that you don't have like a regular wood burning thing happening but I mean never. Ken and I would cry.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Now, now ... it could be that they're too small.

Perhaps she would like something like YAA's unfinished MDF DIY towers in whatever refrigerator size cabinets, that you could assemble in that very room. Gotta let the wood acclimate.

Good woman. :)

I melted the surround on one Infinity Primus tower that was placed too close to a heat source like your wood stove, nice stove BTW. It took time but the tower further away was fine.

And it didn't melt, the surround disintegrated but melted sounds better. Same difference. :D

You can never ever have a fire with that speaker there. I can tell that you don't have like a regular wood burning thing happening but I mean never. Ken and I would cry.
I forgot about YAA's living room :D I would be dead already if those were there when she came home.

That is a gas unit and not a wood stove so it does not get that hot. It is there for when we get those not used to cold come and visit.

I am "hoping" that is not the final position of the speakers once the tree is gone.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I had ordered four new 36" long black threaded rods to replace the four 28" long originals that I used (along with 2 more I bought then) to make my bigger/longer audio rack. I hated having 4 maple shelves kicking around, so I got the longer rods and all new nuts, neoprene washers, steel washers and the 4 blind-threaded top nuts.

The reassembled stand now serves duty as my dry bar, holding my small collection of single malt scotch, small batch Bourbon, some rye, and some blended scotch. I left the top shelf open so I can bring in an ice bucket from the small refrigerator that I'll install just outside the room to store ice, bottled water and beer. (I don't want a fridge running in my listening room.)

Note that the KEF glasses were given to me by KEF people at KEF sponsored dealer events that I attended.

Assembled_Archetype_4.jpgKEF_gift_glasses.jpgStand_in-situ.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
1702157051352.png

Airmoto Tire Inflator on Amazon. Haven't had to use it yet but it gets great reviews.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I had ordered four new 36" long black threaded rods to replace the four 28" long originals that I used (along with 2 more I bought then) to make my bigger/longer audio rack. I hated having 4 maple shelves kicking around, so I got the longer rods and all new nuts, neoprene washers, steel washers and the 4 blind-threaded top nuts.

The reassembled stand now serves duty as my dry bar, holding my small collection of single malt scotch, small batch Bourbon, some rye, and some blended scotch. I left the top shelf open so I can bring in an ice bucket from the small refrigerator that I'll install just outside the room to store ice, bottled water and beer. (I don't want a fridge running in my listening room.)

Note that the KEF glasses were given to me by KEF people at KEF sponsored dealer events that I attended.

View attachment 64598View attachment 64599View attachment 64600
very nice Ken, a devoted whisky drinker here as well. Just recently discovered an incredible new 'blend', 21 year old, 'Isle of Skye'.

feast your eyes on this.....

50 yr Tomatin .JPG

a 50 year old cask of Tomatin Scotch whisky, back in 2017 when I visited Scotland and toured the distillery it was valued at 3 million pounds. I wonder how much of the 'Angles Take' took place over those 50 years !

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis