Tool's New Album, Finally!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have ear plugs at every concert now. I went to one Day on the Green, which was like 8 bands and I was nearly deaf for a week lol. U2 at an indoor venue was one of the loudest shows I've ever seen.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I have ear plugs at every concert now. I went to one Day on the Green, which was like 8 bands and I was nearly deaf for a week lol. U2 at an indoor venue was one of the loudest shows I've ever seen.
My first concert was the first Ozz-Fest. My ears rang for 3 or 4 days after it. I've been wearing ear plugs at every concert since then!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
New tour announced. I've been in the waiting room for 2hrs, not even in the queue. Feeling like I won't get tix lol :D

Some people must have kept their old tix, because there aren't many. They're already going for $300/ea. for average seats, $400+ for decent ones.

Last edited:
TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
New tour announced. I've been in the waiting room for 2hrs, not even in the queue. Feeling like I won't get tix lol :D

Some people must have kept their old tix, because there aren't many. They're already going for $300/ea. for average seats, $400+ for decent ones.
Tool was the loudest concert I've ever been to. Indoor arena blasting and I couldn't hear for a couple days after. The whole crowd sang along so Maynard moved to sing from the back of the stage. BRING EAR PROTECTION!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Phew, I love Tool.

Will a concert with them drag me out of my dungeon-cave to join society for a night? I dunno. I love and hate concerts. I love the energy and the music but I hate the suffocating crowds.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Dates already announced and tickets on sale. I gave up after 2.5hrs in waiting room, never even made it to queue. That was the presale though, I still have a shot on Fri.
It's always like that with Tool. I'm still not sure I'll go, but I'm not sure they'll ever tour again.

I'm surprised they announced this considering Maynard has had Covid twice apparently. I'd hate for the last concert I see him in for him to be less than 100%. Or even worse, to have an adverse effect on his health.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It's always like that with Tool. I'm still not sure I'll go, but I'm not sure they'll ever tour again.

I'm surprised they announced this considering Maynard has had Covid twice apparently. I'd hate for the last concert I see him in for him to be less than 100%. Or even worse, to have an adverse effect on his health.
I am not 100% sure I really wanted to go either. Already been to one show this year and it makes me nervous lol. There were like 1% of people wearing masks. People don't seem to get the part about vaccination does not mean you can't get it. My guess is there is some contractual obligation for the tour with the last one being cancelled after only a few dates.

Last time I was in queue only about 20 min, but they were Gen Adm. I think.

Last edited:
}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
No Canadian dates on the tour. Ugggghhhhh. Tacoma Washington is the closest to me, and that's not that close. Plus I'm not sure that they'll even let me across the border by then (I'm double vaxxed, but got the Astra-Zeneca vaccine for my first shot). What a kick in the teeth.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I got into the queue this morning on the app and got to seat selection, then it said "cannot complete transaction on this device" What the actual eff?! lousy technology...never had a problem getting tix via my phone before, that's how I got the last ones for this tour previously. Lame. Will try one time to see if I can get in on PC and then forget it. Checked two other sites and the SF show is not listed on there.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just got all excited when I saw what this is and quoted you and haven't looked at the price yet... *gulp*
OMFG it's 180 bucks! Damnit! Oh those sons of bitches! They're gonna get my money for this and it pisses me off that it costs so much!

Oh, waitaminit... we just got a 100 dollar check from the doctor for an overpayment. Getting some money back from taxes too... I might be able to leverage that... I just spent a bunch of money on a new tablet and wireless earbuds too! Sumina-bench! Aarrggh!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Damnit! I REALLY don't wanna spend that much for vinyl but I know damned well I'll regret it and I know once they're sold out you won't find them anywhere again for under a frigging thousand bucks.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well I just couldn't help myself and pre-ordered this. Not missing out this time.

So what all comes with it? Are those cds in the image or are those all vinyl discs? Looks like there's some art and a book too. Overall a decent fanboy package, even if it's only Fear Inoculum on vinyl and the rest are cds.

I haven't paid the card off yet for the tablet and I think I'm about to pull the trigger on this preorder... damnit. Sigh. So do I just do it or ask the wife first..? :p

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
That looks pretty awesome! Don't know if it is $180 worth of awesome though... If I had the spare change, I would order ten copies and sell 'em a year later on the E of Bays (which I am sure a lot of people do...).

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Holy crap. They announced an ultra deluxe signed edition package for $810 first! Jesus christ man. That said the not so deluxe version is $170 and those are all vinyl discs in the image. Pretty cool but now I wonder why there are 5 of them? Because it's such a long album it takes 5 vinyl discs for all of it? Does it have something to do with resolution too? Do more grooves = more detail = higher resolution vinyl? Or is it just a long album that requires 5 discs?

As for what you get for your $169.98, the set comprises five 180g vinyl LPs that are each emblazoned with a unique etching, along with a pictorial booklet containing never-before-seen artwork and a hard-shell box — all conceptualized by guitarist Adam Jones.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis