• Denon x4300

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Marantz sr 7010

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
When Swerd bought to our attention that D&M share the same manufacturer and some parts and that's a big plus...Now, what am I missing here? Upgrading to the Denon X4300 or Marantz SR 7010, the Denon brand new is $1499 & Marantz is $2199, accessories4less, denon X4300 & Marantz 7010 refurbished is $1,199. They both have the same features and sound quality is the same, why is the Marantz $700 more brand new and refurbish equal in price, what am I missing, if there is something to miss?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Marantz has described specifically HDAM circuitry for "high grade audio components" whereas the Denon simply gets a check mark under the high grade audio components feature box. Denon has HEOS for multi rooms stuff. Seem pretty similar otherwise.

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
Marantz has described specifically HDAM circuitry for "high grade audio components" whereas the Denon simply gets a check mark under the high grade audio components feature box. Denon has HEOS for multi rooms stuff. Seem pretty similar otherwise.
What has me scratching my head is $700 difference brand new and the same price for refurbished from accessories4less, does HDAM actually make a difference or is it a marketing tool?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What has me scratching my head is $700 difference brand new and the same price for refurbished from accessories4less, does HDAM actually make a difference or is it a marketing tool?
That's a darn good question. Never tried to find out. Someone had to tell me my Denon has Alpha AL32 processing...had no idea. Does it make a difference if you only get AL24? Have no idea.

ps Marantz has been known to push the msrp a bit more, too

Last edited:
D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
That's a darn good question. Never tried to find out. Someone had to tell me my Denon has Alpha AL32 processing...had no idea. Does it make a difference? Have no idea.
I'm going to contact Marantz & Denon's customer support later today to see what kind information or feedback they provide.

PS It shows

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'll bet they give you the line about the HDAM is more for the audiophile sort of thing....you might look thru the official threads for the 4300 and the 7010 over at avsforum, too, there's lots of information in those threads, particularly the first several posts of setup and technical info. Those also remind me the 4300 is a 2016 model, the 7010 a 2015 model....

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I heard them all, no damn difference, unless you are under the Placebo effect. 7010 costs more when brand new because it is Marantz's flag ship AVR. The 4200 (now 4300) was Denon's 3rd in the lineup, below the 6200 (now 6300) and the flag ship 7200 (7300 not out yet). Between the 4300 and 7010 I would definitely take the 4300, but between the 4200 and 7010 I would take the 7010.

If you need multi channel analog inputs then you have to go with Marantz.

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
I heard them all, no damn difference, unless you are under the Placebo effect. 7010 costs more when brand new because it is Marantz's flag ship AVR. The 4200 (now 4300) was Denon's 3rd in the lineup, below the 6200 (now 6300) and the flag ship 7200 (7300 not out yet). Between the 4300 and 7010 I would definitely take the 4300, but between the 4200 and 7010 I would take the 7010.

If you need multi channel analog inputs then you have to go with Marantz.
Now I understand why when I post X4300 vs sr 7010 for a comparison the X4300 would be replaced with the 6200.

vsound5150

vsound5150

Audioholic
the Denon brand new is $1499 & Marantz is $2199, accessories4less, denon X4300 & Marantz 7010 refurbished is $1,199.
Wow I bought a brand new SR7010 couple months ago for $1,200 I thought prices go down not up, but I'm new to this AV stuff.

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
Getting through to marantz and denon's customer care assistance is a challenge, I call them both twice each and never spoke to anyone, I held 20 mins each call, going to call early AM but I won't be holding. Give thought to buying direct from either and if you do, hope that there's not a need to contact customer service...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Frankly I wouldn't bother, especially the being on hold thing (maybe try online chat for a bit more convenience and productivity?); such customer service agents are not likely intimately familiar with the gear as you might want either...

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Getting through to marantz and denon's customer care assistance is a challenge, I call them both twice each and never spoke to anyone, I held 20 mins each call, going to call early AM but I won't be holding. Give thought to buying direct from either and if you do, hope that there's not a need to contact customer service...
They always respond to email though, only that it could take a few days to get a response and if the questions is a little more technical then you have to write again so it will take a long time before you can get the right answer.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
the X4300 would be replaced with the 6200.
What did you mean by that? To be clear the X4300H replaced the X4200W, and the X6300H replaced the X6200W. The SR7010 fits somewhere between the X4200W and the X6200W, so the SR7011 would likely sit somewhere between the X4300H and the X6300H. D&M seemed to have make an effort to make sure we can no longer compare exactly apple to apple like we used to be able to do a few years ago.

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
What did you mean by that? To be clear the X4300H replaced the X4200W, and the X6300H replaced the X6200W. The SR7010 fits somewhere between the X4200W and the X6200W, so the SR7011 would likely sit somewhere between the X4300H and the X6300H. D&M seemed to have make an effort to make sure we can no longer compare exactly apple to apple like we used to be able to do a few years ago.
Exactly...when I was looking for a comparison, which was the denon x4300h vs marantz sr 7010 that format wasn't excepted, they set it up to compare side by side X6200 vs sr 7010.

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
They always respond to email though, only that it could take a few days to get a response and if the questions is a little more technical then you have to write again so it will take a long time before you can get the right answer.
It wasn't that important.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Exactly...when I was looking for a comparison, which was the denon x4300h vs marantz sr 7010 that format wasn't excepted, they set it up to compare side by side X6200 vs sr 7010.
That's actually fair, both were launched in the same year. The 6200 has just a slight edge overall.

C

Chili

Audiophyte
Sorry, but I really disagree that Marantz customer support is a challenge. In fact tech support from Marantz is excellent - it is one of many reasons I hesitate to try other manufacturers.

I call them about once a month concerning my AV7702. They are not rude nor condescending.They consistently answer my questions and make sure that I "get it" before hanging up.
*If they are really busy they recommend you to leave a phone number -they consistently call back within 2 hours. I find Paul to be the guy who really digs in to resolve my issues.

The only time I have had a problem is during the holidays when they hire new people. During that time of the year I request specific people return my call.

Hope this info is helpful.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry, but I really disagree that Marantz customer support is a challenge. In fact tech support from Marantz is excellent - it is one of many reasons I hesitate to try other manufacturers.

I call them about once a month concerning my AV7702. They are not rude nor condescending.They consistently answer my questions and make sure that I "get it" before hanging up.
*If they are really busy they recommend you to leave a phone number -they consistently call back within 2 hours. I find Paul to be the guy who really digs in to resolve my issues.

The only time I have had a problem is during the holidays when they hire new people. During that time of the year I request specific people return my call.

Hope this info is helpful.
When did you get your AV7702?
What type of hold times do you experience when you call in?
Do you usually call at a particular time of the day or day of the week?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis