JBL Studio 520C Center - $179.99

C

chrismtb

Enthusiast
Thoughts on this vs Studio 235C? In various reviews I see complaints about the 4" drivers on this being inadequate.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Works fine for me although would have liked it to be larger, not sure how well the 235 tweeter matches up....FWIW been clicking on that ad since 9am since @KEW brought it up in another thread saying it was sold out and it won't take me to the page you linked.....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I tried the link just now and it's still showing up
Yes, I refreshed the page of flash deals and now I link to the price....no indication of how many in stock and there was KEW's report of sold out, wonder if it's by time zone or something?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Works fine for me although would have liked it to be larger, not sure how well the 235 tweeter matches up....FWIW been clicking on that ad since 9am since @KEW brought it up in another thread saying it was sold out and it won't take me to the page you linked.....
This morning I signed up for the flash sale Alerts. Thinking that might help me see where it was on sale. That did not work, but the link above works fine for me! I don't know if signing up for flash sales is required to access This link or not.
When I signed up it said my membership would start within 24 hours however I got email notice immediately.

C

chrismtb

Enthusiast
I don't think you need to sign up, you can just follow the link. I ended up buying one even though I recently got the 235C. I'll try them both out and figure out which one to return/sell.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Thoughts on this vs Studio 235C? In various reviews I see complaints about the 4" drivers on this being inadequate.
As long as your sub is clean up to about 120 Hz, you should be fine! I would Cross this at 100 Hz, not 80, just to make sure you are not stressing the mid-woofers at all!
I would suspect you to hear issues if you attempted to play this speaker in the 50 to 60 Hz range at high volume!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I don't think you need to sign up, you can just follow the link. I ended up buying one even though I recently got the 235C. I'll try them both out and figure out which one to return/sell.
let us know what you find! I would expect the higher quality drivers of the 520 to beat the larger mid-woofer of the 235.

C

chrismtb

Enthusiast
I compared the two and definitely prefer the tweeter sound of the 520c and how it matches to the 580s, so I'm returning the 235c. Thanks for the crossover suggestions.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis