Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

J

jmalecki05

Junior Audioholic
Just listened to Diana Krall Love Scenes on SACD (my first time ever listening to a multichannel SACD).
Holy Sh!t is all I have to say :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
And King's X! I was really surprised at this suggestion because I've known of this band since the late 80's and I really do like them. They're not very mainstream tho. I think their singer is very good, and they have a unique style. Not bad for a power trio. I still have this cd and these are a few of my favorites:

Over My Head <--- Saw this video on MTV (when MTV actually played music) when I was 18 or 19. That's what got me going with King's X
Summerland
The Difference
I'll Never Be The Same

Mission

Crap. I'm almost listing the entire thing, lol. The cd is "Gretchen Goes To Nebraska". If you've never heard it, it's worth checking out.

Last edited:
killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Well, these guys are out with a new album just yesterday. So I'm "spinning" it over n' over. Verdict - different they are, but this is NOT going to be among my favourite The National albums.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Lately I've been listening to a bit of Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox. Admittedly they are a bit of a very low budget jazz and soul "garage (or living room) band", made up of Bradlee on piano and a rotating collection of talented session musicians and vocalists including Morgan James, Haley Reinhart, Kate Davis, and Ariana Savalas and many others. Their speciality is "reimagining" classic jazz, rock, and soul tunes in their own unique style.

Last edited:
carole5

carole5

Enthusiast
Lately I've been listening to a bit of Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox. Admittedly they are a bit of a very low budget jazz and soul "garage (or living room) band", made up of Bradlee on piano and a rotating collection of talented session musicians and vocalists including Morgan James, Haley Reinhart, Kate Davis, and Ariana Savalas and many others. Their speciality is "reimagining" classic jazz, rock, and soul tunes in their own unique style.

I keep listening to it! Something special!

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai

I'm in no way mentally equipped to go through one whole minute of any of their covers. I did try.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
(All heavy metal covers by Leo Moracchioli)
Seal: Kiss From a Rose
Rednex: Cotton Eyed Joe
John Travolta: Greased Lightning
Imagine Dragons : Radioactive
Lou Bega: Mamba No. 5

I've been listening to his stuff all day and I'm really enjoying it. My wife (who generally doesn't like my heavy tastes) is singing along to some of the songs! I'm having a lot of fun cranking some of my favorites, like the list above.

This guy obviously doesn't take himself too seriously (he does wear a bunny costume in some of his videos...), but there's some talent in there. In most of the videos it looks like he plays all of the instruments, sings, records and masters everything himself. He has his own studio. So far I've liked every one of his cover songs.

This is a style of music I really like. It's heavy, has decent bass... did I say heavy? :p Despite the goofiness of a lot of his videos his music is really solid, and he does a good job of recording and mastering his stuff. I'm seriously considering buying some of his music. I did give him a subscribe.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis