Razer Unveils Thresher Ultimate Wireless Headsets for PC, Xbox One & PS4

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Razer unveiled its new Thresher Ultimate headsets at E3 promising wireless 7.1 surround sound to the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for $249.99, putting them firmly into the premium headset market. Running 2.4 Ghz wireless at a 40-foot range, 50 mm drivers and leatherette-wrapped memory foam ear cups and boasting a 16-hour battery life, these are built to be premium cans for gaming and personal home theater applications.

Read: Razer Unveils Thresher Ultimate Wireless Headsets for PC, Xbox One & PS4

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Razer has known to have quality control issues for quite long time so I would consider these carefully. Also good headphones and microphone combo for gaming is superior over any "gaming headset" in my experience for sound quality, microphone quality, comfort and durability. For wireless category these could be decent how ever if they have managed to resolve quality control issues thought they are pricey.

P

Pearzilla

Enthusiast
Razer has known to have quality control issues for quite long time so I would consider these carefully. Also good headphones and microphone combo for gaming is superior over any "gaming headset" in my experience for sound quality, microphone quality, comfort and durability. For wireless category these could be decent how ever if they have managed to resolve quality control issues thought they are pricey.
So I just came to this forum to specifically ask about this. Which pair of headphones would achieve the task of gaming ? I just bought the v Moda Crossfade 2 to use for gaming along with the v Moda mic. It sounds really good. Just wondering if there's anything else around the same price that may have superior sound quality? Paid 400 for mic headphones and XL ear cushions.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

So I just came to this forum to specifically ask about this. Which pair of headphones would achieve the task of gaming ? I just bought the v Moda Crossfade 2 to use for gaming along with the v Moda mic. It sounds really good. Just wondering if there's anything else around the same price that may have superior sound quality? Paid 400 for mic headphones and XL ear cushions.
For gaming I would look for Sennheiser HD558/HD598/HD600 + ModMic or table mic. Open headphones have superior positional sound when compared to closed cans and this is important for fps.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
For gaming I'm running a Sennheiser/Massdrop PC37X, which appears to be a Sennheiser PC373 with conventional computer headset cables instead of Sennheisers USB DAC and proprietary cables. I don't use them for critical listening, just gaming and they sound pretty good. Mostly I bought them because I got sick of crappy gaming headset microphones and gaming headsets so light duty that they felt like they'd dissolve at any moment. I play FPS games so I run them through a Sound BlasterX G1 simulated 7.1 gaming USB DAC. These do the job just fine but with my total investment I'd probably have been better off just buying the PC373D to begin with and it's what I'd recommend for a pure gaming headset.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

For gaming I'm running a Sennheiser/Massdrop PC37X, which appears to be a Sennheiser PC373 with conventional computer headset cables instead of Sennheisers USB DAC and proprietary cables. I don't use them for critical listening, just gaming and they sound pretty good. Mostly I bought them because I got sick of crappy gaming headset microphones and gaming headsets so light duty that they felt like they'd dissolve at any moment. I play FPS games so I run them through a Sound BlasterX G1 simulated 7.1 gaming USB DAC. These do the job just fine but with my total investment I'd probably have been better off just buying the PC373D to begin with and it's what I'd recommend for a pure gaming headset.
He will get more bang for buck with headphones I suggested with mic of hes choise.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I don't disagree at all with your recommendations but rumor has it that the PC37x uses the same drivers as the HD598 with the bass jazzed up a bit and a good mic for $120 (until tomorrow). I have no idea if it's true, but that's the rumor. For gaming a bit of extra bass is not a bad thing.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/massdrop-x-sennheiser-pc37x,review-4152.html
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sennheiser-x-massdrop-pc37x-review-discussion.832041/
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennheiser-pc37x-gaming-headset

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis