Changing Signon Name

DHicks

Audioholic Intern
Is there any way to change my signon name short of registering anew? Can't find an option in personal details.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I use this name for a lot of stuff online. It's never taken and it's unique. Long story short, "poker playing ogre"= Pogre. Poh-grr.

I highly doubt there's an option to change your name. Many forums don't even have the feature. Are you wanting to use the same email or something? You joined not long ago. You could just do another account. Maybe put something in your sig so folks know who you are for a couple weeks.

DHicks

Audioholic Intern
I use this name for a lot of stuff online. It's never taken and it's unique. Long story short, "poker playing ogre"= Pogre. Poh-grr.

I highly doubt there's an option to change your name. Many forums don't even have the feature. Are you wanting to use the same email or something? You joined not long ago. You could just do another account. Maybe put something in your sig so folks know who you are for a couple weeks.
I just don't like the idea of having my name out there. Guess I didn't realize it would display when I registered. Silly of me.

Anyway, you're probably right... Probably ought to re-register. I'll wait until I move into the new place in July so everything will be fresh.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Dean;

I just went into the forum control panel and modified your name to: DHicks just to test it. Let me know what you prefer and I can edit it again.

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
Dean;

I just went into the forum control panel and modified your name to: DHicks just to test it. Let me know what you prefer and I can edit it again.
Thanks, Gene. Very kind of you. I'll stick with this one.

Appreciate your work with the site. It's been a great source!

Motty Marvi

Motty Marvi

Audiophyte
Dean;

I have the same issue. I tried to change it myself but couldn't find how. I did a forum search and found this thread.
I don't want my name posted out there.
Could an Admin please change my user nane to "HF Integrale" please?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have the same issue. I tried to change it myself but couldn't find how. I did a forum search and found this thread.
You only have 3 posts on these forums. Just start a new account and stop using this one.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
But an admin can easily do it, i'm just asking for help.
I don't think they can. I've moderated forums and that function has never been available. Maybe admin could do it, but I dunno. It'd be kind of messed up if they could, think about it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think they can. I've moderated forums and that function has never been available. Maybe admin could do it, but I dunno. It'd be kind of messed up if they could, think about it.
They already changed it for him....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
He made a new account, look above, still the same name...

*Edit: Just saw Gene's post above. I was thinking a mod can't do it.
Ah, I assumed in any case since in another thread he is using his new name....which turns out to be a second identity (the one he mentions above).

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Gents,
I edit a couple of small boards, and as a Mod you can't usually do it in most software but an Admin can.

N

Norman Jungbluth

Audiophyte
I have the same problem

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis