Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
any opinions as to the 'most' weather resistant / proof speakers ? I'm looking to use a pair on a deck environment with little or no coverage from the elements.

Anyone have dealings with 'Outdoor Speaker Depot' ?

I'm kinda leaning towards the 'rock' style or some other model that can be left on the deck surface.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I'd like to keep it at or below $300 for the pair.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I've had these out on my rear deck for a few years and they're doing well, can't beat the price and they sound good....but mine have eaves above them to protect them from direct weather (but subject to cold and wet nonetheless). https://www.amazon.com/Dayton-Audio-IO655W-Outdoor-Speaker/dp/B00CTWEDQ4?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00CTWEDQ4

Did you mount them under the eaves or on your deck ?

price sure seems reasonable.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did you mount them under the eaves or on your deck ?

price sure seems reasonable.
They're mounted about 6 feet above the deck on the side of the house under the eaves. What's your outdoor area like?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
lovin, my area (deck) is a large L-shape variety. The problem is where I want to locate the speakers would be on the 'gable' end of the house, facing North with no protection. So they really need to be weather proof, granted they would come during the winter months and if I saw a bad storm a brewin'

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
lovin, my area (deck) is a large L-shape variety. The problem is where I want to locate the speakers would be on the 'gable' end of the house, facing North with no protection. So they really need to be weather proof, granted they would come during the winter months and if I saw a bad storm a brewin'
These speakers are relatively weather proof but I'd still add some protection, even a mini-eave/hood over the speaker to at least protect the wire connections. I never bring mine in, they stay outdoors. The mounts for these speakers are easily undone by hand, tho.

R

Ronald K Rogers

Audiophyte
quick question... can anyone identify this speaker?
upload_2017-12-28_13-23-28.png

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I see a speaker cover....how about taking it out of the ceiling and looking at the driver for details?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis