PietjePuk

PietjePuk

Enthusiast
Hi,

I've been trying some new cables and would like to be able to A/B each of them.

My receiver has an A and B connection. Is it possible to connect the wires to each and both to the speaker? Or will I be short circuiting my receiver or damage the speaker?

Thanks!

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
No short, no damage.
But if both sets of speaker cables remain connected to the same loudspeakers, you had added a complication factor to the test.
If both cables have about the same end-to-end resistance, you won't hear a meaningful difference.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hope you didn't spend a lot on cables. Exotic cables are a ripoff.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not usually worth any effort to compare inaudible differences in cables (assuming they are of proper gauge for the length/impedance involved), but without details of the specifics of each set....you could try one cable on the left speaker and one on the right speaker in mono and go back and forth to see if you can find a difference....

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
...but without details of the specifics of each set....you could try one cable on the left speaker and one on the right speaker in mono and go back and forth to see if you can find a difference....
Except for the room position will affect the sound and cable will be known which is which or that one is always on one side. Not good at all.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Except for the room position will affect the sound and cable will be known which is which or that one is always on one side. Not good at all.
It it isn't known, how would one know the exotic cables are better? :p

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
One hopefully could put the speakers in an equal opportunity spot if the room doesnt have appropriate symmetry....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
But would it be worse than the silly bullshit surrounding different cables in the first place? What a load....

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

But would it be worse than the silly bullshit surrounding different cables in the first place? What a load....
Just a false sense of security in such a test.

Now a single speaker, perhaps the center channel, mono signal and another person swapping cables, keeping track of all the guesses. At least the speaker location is not an issue and cables are randomly swapped. A single blind test.
ps. what did I misspell?

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

It it isn't known, how would one know the exotic cables are better? :p
Oh, but the cable on one side is not changed to the other side unknown to the listener. Just as bad as a sighted test.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis