AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Anyone else excited about the 2nd Alien prequel "Alien: Covenant" (Prometheus was the 1st prequel)?

What's your theories

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Was actually going to go see this today, but I got into a fight with a Chuck Roast and lost......LOL!!! Long story don't ask! :(:(:( Anyways, I could go see it later tonight but am too bushed. As such, I will probably go see it in the morning early. :):):)

Phil

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I saw it last night. I was a little concerned, the movie was being panned by a lot of fans. I really enjoyed Aliens I, II, and some parts of IV. I also own and liked Prometheus I am not sure if my expectations were so low going into the theater, but I actually liked the move.

Aliens were well done in the movie (animated and explanation on how things happened). Even with the most incredibly stupid captain (you will understand once you see the movie) it was very entertaining. Michael Fassbender does a solid job as the artificial life form.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Just got home from seeing it. I must say it was better than I thought it would be. Looking forward to the next one! :):):) Will be seeing the new Mummy and Transformers as soon as they come out next month. Still need to go see Guardians 2!

Phil

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Just got home from seeing it. I must say it was better than I thought it would be. looking forward to the next one! :):):) Will be seeing the new Mummy and Transformers as soon as they come out next month. Still need to go see Guardians 2!

Phil
I saw Guardians. Great movie, you'll like it, I'm pretty sure. I still need to get out and see Covenant. I think I'm in the minority of people who actually liked Prometheus and did a little homework on some of the stuff that wasn't clear to me. Covenant is definitely on my short list to go see soon.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I saw Guardians. Great movie, you'll like it, I'm pretty sure. I still need to get out and see Covenant. I think I'm in the minority of people who actually liked Prometheus and did a little homework on some of the stuff that wasn't clear to me. Covenant is definitely on my short list to go see soon.
Yeah, I really liked the 1st Guardians. Have no doubt that Part 2 is good. This Alien really makes you think though. But, in the end I thought it was very well done. A few scenes had some amazing F/X's! :):):)

Phil

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I would say it is about the same as prometheus, not my favourite but it is ok. I like the old Alien movies a lot tho.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
We were unable to watch Alien Covenant this weekend. So we'll have to watch it soon.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I liked Prometheus too. Not all of it, but it wasn't as bad as most seem to make it.

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
I enjoyed Prometheus also - enough to buy the BD. I'm hoping for a sequel to it sometime.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I've read that the pseudo-science in the movie is really bad. Something about a neutrino storm, which is of course completely BS, neutrinos are everywhere. That's as bad as using a parsec as a unit of time in Star Wars.

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
I've read that the pseudo-science in the movie is really bad. Something about a neutrino storm, which is of course completely BS, neutrinos are everywhere. That's as bad as using a parsec as a unit of time in Star Wars.
I won't try to defend the movie's "science". It is science fiction, after all. But it was good entertainment. And I don't remember a neutrino storm but there was a big storm with flying silica particles, or some such

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I saw it a second time because my one buddy was unable to see it. I will say I think it does an excellent job of using surround sound. Still the the Captain is too stupid lol

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I won't try to defend the movie's "science". It is science fiction, after all. But it was good entertainment. And I don't remember a neutrino storm but there was a big storm with flying silica particles, or some such
LOL, sometimes that stuff is just in there as an homage to other films, not necessarily intended as "science". And of course, it is fiction, so sometimes they make up goofy stuff to fit the story. As long as it isn't ridiculous, I'm ok with some willful suspension of disbelief.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I saw it a second time because my one buddy was unable to see it. I will say I think it does an excellent job of using surround sound. Still the the Captain is too stupid lol
Something tells me you will be watching this movie at least one more time on BD, maybe even 2 more times. :D

T

Tankman

Audioholic
I picked up the 3D BD of Prometheus, the 3D is really well done.
Funny you mentioned Prometheus being well done, the so called critics gave it a bad rap which I don't listen to them dudes anyways. I have that move on Blu ray and have watched it 3 times only because I didn't like the end when that nasty monster sat on that super humans face, still have nightmares about that...I hope they do a spin off would like to know what she found out going to that world of super human aliens that made us...that was one cool a$$ spaceship she hijack.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Finally saw this movie. Seems to be relatively the same storyline - crew members find aliens, aliens kill some crew. :D

I also saw the movie "Life". Same storyline - crew members find alien, alien kills some crew. :D

At least the Alien movies have cool looking alien creatures, unlike "Life", where the alien looks boring.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Finally saw this movie. Seems to be relatively the same storyline - crew members find aliens, aliens kill some crew. :D

I also saw the movie "Life". Same storyline - crew members find alien, alien kills some crew. :D

At least the Alien movies have cool looking alien creatures, unlike "Life", where the alien looks boring.
I read this post. TecGuy sees some Aliens, some of Audioholic members gets killed by Aliens. :D

I get the point and I'm done with buying Alien films a few years ago as Prometheus was a total load of tosh. I seen Alien Covenant for free on 123 movies in less than 60 seconds. I found Aliens and slipped though to the end credits. Is that it? More of the same mindless cliches all over again?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I read this post. TecGuy sees some Aliens, some of Audioholic members gets killed by Aliens. :D

I get the point and I'm done with buying Alien films a few years ago as Prometheus was a total load of tosh. I seen Alien Covenant for free on 123 movies in less than 60 seconds. I found Aliens and slipped though to the end credits. Is that it? More of the same mindless cliches all over again?
Yeah. There is nothing really new. Same old stuffs, different crew.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis