What are you playing right now...

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Anyone playing The Division on Xbox One?

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I like games here and there, but I don't have big blocks of time available to get into deep games, and I don't want to invest hours into learning how to play something complex. Here are some games I have been dipping into lately that are simple and fun and are not big commitments.

Monstrum - A great little horror game that is played from the first person perspective. You play a guy who is trapped in an abandoned cargo ship with a monster. There is only one monster, but you have no way to defend yourself against it. You can only run or hide. You have to escape from the ship, and there are several different ways to do that, but you have to gather up materials to make it happen, for example you will need things to fix and escape raft. It can be completed in an hour or so, but there is no saves, and death is permanent. It is replayable because the ship's interior changes every time you play it, so there is a different layout every game, and it can be very maze-like. Also the monster can change. You face one of three monsters, and each has different strengths. This game can be very tense.

Versus Squad - If you remember SmashTV for the arcades back in the 80s, this is its successor. This is a top-down arena shooter. It is almost mindless violence, but not quite completely mindless. If you want to live long, you need to employ strategy to defeat huge hordes of enemies. You can build barricades, but that only slows the enemies down a bit. It is just successive waves of enemies that grow more powerful each wave. If you are both very lucky and you play very well, the game can last up to an hour, but usually they last not much longer than a half hour. You will eventually get overrun, so this is not a game that you can beat, only a game that you try to get higher scores. It's great little game to blow off some steam with.

Plague Evolved - I hear this game is popular for mobile devices, but I only know about the desktop version. A fun strategy game. The objective is to design and evolve a disease that kills all of mankind. You win when every last person on earth is dead. A little bit of knowledge about epidemiology can help here, although it is a bit simple and arcadey for a strategy game. There are all kinds of disease scenarios you can choose from, from common viruses and bacterial epidemics, to wild and exotic diseases. A game lasts about 20 minutes, so it is bite-size fun. I like to turn off the in-game music and throw on some of my own music. It isn't hugely challenging, but you have to figure out how to spread each disease to overwhelm humanity before they figure out a cure.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Ok, impulse buy, got the Nintendo Switch. Day 1, Patching and updating. Hope to start playing Day 2: Have Zelda, pre-ordered Mario Kart

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Ok, impulse buy, got the Nintendo Switch. Day 1, Patching and updating. Hope to start playing Day 2: Have Zelda, pre-ordered Mario Kart
The Switch has been very tempting. Zelda looks amazing!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Except that all reviewers say Zelda is the only good thing about the switch. The review of the game say it is so good it is almost worth buying the switch for.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Except that all reviewers say Zelda is the only good thing about the switch. The review of the game say it is so good it is almost worth buying the switch for.
Right!

I'm sure more will come, but a solid release title is always a necessity.

And, yeah, basically I would be buying the Switch just for Zelda. The upcoming game Arms does look pretty fun too.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
That's why I bought it, that and my pre-order for Mario Kart, there are about 5 switch users in my office, so I smell some Mario Kart Gambleing. LOL. I am too old for video games, but it doesn't stop me

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
This is by far my favorite Zelda game, it is really completely open world, fund to play, though I find myself playing it more on my TV then the handheld. So far to bugs to report

Aaron_Hunt

Aaron_Hunt

Enthusiast
I am playing Persona 5 now and i think its 100 percent better than Persona 4 since the city is bigger and there are so many things that i could do here.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Does anyone here play Clash of Clans? I have a pretty legit base.

Screenshot_2017-06-19-09-22-31-640x400.png

This is scout view.

Screenshot_2017-06-19-09-22-15-640x400.png

This shows all my hidden traps and bombs. I've had this account for like, 3 years. Longest I think I've ever played a video game. Especially a tablet game.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What levels are your heros?
King is 31 and my queen is 32. All of my troops and spells are maxed except dark spells (decided to switch ficus back to my heroes). I max everything out (including walls) before I go to the next town hall. I'm the leader of our clan. we're a level 9, and soo close to level 10 clan.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Not bad, my aq is going for 32 and king is already 32. Most of the defensive are at max th9 and will stay this way since i want to be back to wars and do not suck vs th9s. Rest of units just beginning to make to th10 leves

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Mostly I play World Of Warships. I like it because it's a thinking man's first person shooter and because it gets the players to think about historically significant warships and how they might have matched up. It's a shooter where planning and understanding how to play to the strengths and minimize weaknesses of your ship versus those of enemy ships are more important than raw reaction time. If you like a fast paced edge of your seat game then pick destroyers, if you prefer to slug it out at a more leisurely pace then pick battleships.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My clan is in a war right now and I just annihilated the enemy clan's top base!

Screenshot_2017-06-27-08-02-53-1024x640.png

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Level 10!

Screenshot_2017-07-01-07-12-57-1024x640.png

It took a long time to hit level 10. We've had this clan for a few years now.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Bought and beat Battlefield 1. Not a bad game. I used to like the boxing games and the racing games. Not interested in playing online against people who live on video games 24/7.

Tried to buy COD infinite warfare and both the game I bought new off amazon, and the one they replaced it with had used registration keys and it wouldn't let me play it. Having to use an online host to play a game is just stupid. Ubisoft says to return the game or contact Activision, and Activision says to contact Ubisoft. I returned the games and told them both to stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Currently playing Hitman Agent 47 (PC Version) since all seasons were 23 dollars. Game is by far best in the series, mission layouts are very cool with plenty of options on how you want to kill your targets. Great Game. 4k with max settings is visually very good as well.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Playing Wolfenstein New Order. Pretty great. Nice break from maxxing out my Borderlands 2 character.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis