Sennheiser HD558 for $80 Free ship + Tax in most states

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
They're $70 now. I'm tempted to get them. I've never owned a nice set of headphones before.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
They're $70 now. I'm tempted to get them. I've never owned a nice set of headphones before.
I love mine. only possible concern is if you have big head, these will be a bit tight, pressing on head a bit more than comfortable, but they will get more loose after few weeks

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Amazon has the next step up HD598 SE for right around $100 from time to time. That's where I got mine and the price I paid.

But, those are currently in the $150 range.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Amazon has the next step up HD598 SE for right around $100 from time to time. That's where I got mine and the price I paid.

But, those are currently in the $150 range.
Slip, you're not confusing closed back HD 598 Cs with open back HD598 SE? I have seen prior for a $100, but never later, at least not on amazon. Year ago they were on 1 day $107 price or so

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Slip, you're not confusing closed back HD 598 Cs with open back HD598 SE? I have seen prior for a $100, but never later, at least not on amazon. Year ago they were on 1 day $107 price or so
Actually, you are correct on 1 point, but also mistaken, it seems.

I did indeed purchase my 598SE on release for the $107 price point. When I did a price history search on camelcamelcamel, it does look like that was the only time those hit that price point.

But, the 598 (non-SE) also hit the $99 price point along the way here, so that must have been what I was referring to:
https://camelcamelcamel.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Over-Ear-Headphones/product/B0042A8CW2?context=search

And, yeah, to be fair, I don't think my comment of "$100 from time to time" is exactly accurate. Probably better to say, "If you get lucky you might find them for $100 on Amazon".

So.....what's the story on the closed back Cs model? ;)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
The only open back Ive heard are my 598. I like them! It was odd the first time I heard them, it almost gives you that feel of listening to speakers instead of cans.

I also really like my AKG845BT! I use these more due to BT convenience, and they dig deeper than the 598 too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis