Marcus Oakley's "Best Recommendation" Questions

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Any deal that looks way to good to be true, probably is, I would stay away from it. Unless you know the vendor, its a lot to risk $1800+

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi all

iam after seting up another system at the moment i have rbh 55ti fronts and as rears a r5bi as extra rears r56ci centre 4 in ceiling mc 815 speakers connected to a denon 6200 a emotiva xpa3 gen3 amp blue jeans speaker cables and interconnects will be buying aoppo 205 player my fronts and centre connected to the emotiva the rest to the denon 0n a 65c6v oled tv with 2 hsu vtf mk2 subs and 2 pc13 ultra subs

my question is if i was to upgrade the speakers to the m&k mp150 as fronts and centre then use m&k s150t as rears

and use extra rears to be determined by yourselves to use

and 4 subs to be determined again by yourselves

and 4 in ceiliing speakers to be determined by yourselves

connected to the denon and emotiva amps to make it 11.4 would this package be a significant upgrade over the rbh impressions speakers

would it significantlt give me better sound quality better treble better midrange better dynamics better bass better attack be more forceful in your face cleaner sounding all action movie watching and for music and horror and sci fi

75% movies 25% music

for pop rock heavy metal r&b rave techno house classical jazz funk jazz

better for drums guitar flute saxaphone pianno would the denon and emotiva get the full potential of what the m&k speakers can do thanks i pose this question paticulary for bigboss or anyone else for that matter i have £10500 to spend on this package i want it to sound top notch

my room measurements are 30x30x25 thanks

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
"Significantly better" is highly subjective. If you like the sound of the M&K's better than the rbhs, then yes, it could possibly be an improvement.

On the more practical side of things, compare sensitivity of your present mains to that of the M&Ks. The old school M&K's were very low sensitivity speakers and required a ton of power to really shine, although your Emo is beefy enough I would imagine.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi all

out of these speakers the jtr noesis 212

xtz home cinema speakers

kef r900 speakers

m&k mp150

monitor audio gold 300

jtr noesis 228

which out of these speakers will produce the very best sound quality dynamics bass clarity treble highs attack midrange cleanest sounding biggest soundstage

the very best for all out action movies horror scifi comedy westerns

and for music heavy metal r&b pop rock hip hop reggae house rave classical orchestral funk thrash jazz blues

best for drums guitar flute pianno trumpet cymbals

could you please rank them in order please from 1-6 thanks

ps i would connect them to a denon 6200w amp band a emotiva xpa3 amp as well and a oppo 205 4k player?

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Yep reeks of a scam. Steer clear and buy from a reputable source or (preferably) authorized dealer. I'll roll the eBay dice on smaller purchases sometimes and actually do a lot of shopping on Amazon. It's a great way to shop. But I always seek out products that are either handled by Amazon directly or have their Prime backing. I've never been asked to provide my email outside of their website and if I were asked I'd ditch the purchase immediately.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
t the moment i have the rbh e55ti speakers can these hold their own against the speakers above or would they be blown out of the water buy the speakers above i mentioned thanks

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Those speakers are all pretty good and have their own strengths and weaknesses. No one would be able to rank them, since I doubt anyone has enough experience with them all to be able to do so. They should all be a step up from the RBH speakers. If you have a large room and want powerful dynamics, I would lean toward JTR from that bunch.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I would consider something like KEF R500 with good dual subs, should be close to same budget.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've never heard of the jtr speakers before, but I'm finding really good reviews on them in other forums. Their site appears to be broken or down though?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That link works. I was trying from Google and kept getting an error page.
Also check the testing done on the site www.data-bass.com of their speakers (Noesis 215RT particularly) and how it ranks against subwoofers in bass performance, and while you're there check out their Captivator 4000ULF sub....Jeff Permanian, the owner, is a pretty cool guy.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
While on the subject of JTR, OP might also be interested in something like the Seaton Catalyst 12-C?

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi all

which is the superior in ceiling speaker for sound quality bass and wide dispersion ef
fect the rbh mc-815 or
the kef ci200rr for atmos dts x auro3d 3d effect
used with rbh impressions speakers package thanks

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Not many fans of in-ceiling speakers here, hence the lack of response – sorry. :( Don’t know what your intent is for them – if it’s for the rear surrounds, they can do a decent job. But if it’s for the front three (L/C/R), nothing will have enough dispersion to overcome the problem of a speaker that’s 10+ ft. away and firing at the floor.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Might want to post questions about speakers in the "Speakers" section.

I own the less expensive RBH VA-815 in-ceiling speakers. I think they sound great. So I would say the more expensive RBH MC-815 speakers will sound even better than the VA-815.

None of these speakers will have enough bass, but my VA-815's bass is good.

The soundstage and sound dispersion is also good.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The only good in-ceiling speaker is a dead in-ceiling speaker.

Ok, kidding, they are probably fine for background music, and maybe be OK as surrounds if nothing else is possible, but I would just pour acid into my ears if I had to live with them for any real music listening.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
@ParadigmDawg seems pleased with his Speakercraft in-ceilings, but I think those might be directional. He's also got an in-ceiling RBH sub.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi all

im after buying he oppo 205 4k blu ray player

in peoples opion what would be the ultimate tv to use for the very best picture qualiy for ultra hd hdr/ dolby vision/ blu ray movies and for ps4 pro gaming and xbox one s gaming to show of what the oppo 205 can do thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis