The everything Beer thread

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Those were all very good. I think 13 is the one I started with. I can't remember, but I didn't like 14 or 15 as much as 13, but I can't remember which it was. They were both great, just not as good.

This year's was nice. I enjoyed it. Couldn't find a pack, just a big bottle.
Amateurs! I started with the DR5!

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Here is list of styles from the saint arnold website:
17 - Baltic Porter 9.2% ABV
16 - Adambier 10% ABV
15 - Russian Imperial Stout 10.1% ABV
14 - Belgian Strong Golden Ale 10% ABV
13 - Belgian Quadrupel 11% ABV
12 - Old Ale 10% ABV
11 - Double IPA 8.9% ABV
10 - English Barleywine 11% ABV
09 - Imperial Pumpkin Stout 11% ABV
08 - Scotch Ale 9.3% ABV
07 - Weizenbock 8.4% ABV
06 - American Barleywine 10% ABV
05 - Russian Imperial Stout 10% ABV
04 - Wee Heavy 9.5% ABV
03 - Double IPA 9.5% ABV
02 - Abbey American Quadrupel 9.3% ABV
01 - Barleywine 9.3% ABV

I'd be interested in most of them (not really interested in the IPAs) but the stouts and quads are the ones I'd really want.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
#6, 10, 11, were all amazingly good beers!

#9 has now been turned into the seasonal Pumpkinator.

The new White Noise is really good, and the can is awesome too. That has nothing to do with the DR series.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Back to my statement about the St Arnold's White Noise Can. Truly a beer for an Audioholic!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Back to my statement about the St Arnold's White Noise Can. Truly a beer for an Audioholic!

I'll have to try that one. Saw it in the store and didn't grab it.

I know why i liked #13 so much now. I love quads. Close to my favorite beer. Stouts are close too.

annunaki

annunaki

image1.JPG

Went to Central Waters Brewing today and picked up six 22oz bottles of their new experimental 3yr aged Rye Barrel Stout. Tasted a sample there and wow! Great beer!

If you are in Wisconsin or get a chance to come here, check them out!

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
drinking the bruery's share this - coffee now. others were from the last two weeks or so:

annunaki

annunaki

I went the Northern Lights rare beer fest last Saturday on a road trip to Minneapolis.

Well worth the trip. I did not get a lot of nice pics to share but I did get to sample some great beers.

Tops on the evening were as follows:

Ardea Insignis - Central Waters Brewing Company

Mornin Delight - Toppling Goliath Brewing

Darkness aged in Virgin Oak barrels with Tart Cherries - Surly Brewing Company

All three were 5 star check ins on Untappd! You can check my signature for more if interested.

Well worth the entry price. If you are in the Midwest I would recommend it, but arrive 45 mins to an hour early.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Hey Phil, what'd you think of this year's divine series?

annunaki

annunaki

Had a Christmas Bomb! From Prairie Artisan Ales Two nights ago night for the first time. Awesome brew!!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'm as surprised as you are...

I will admit, stouts are in my top 3 for beer preference. Right there with quad/strong ale and doppelbocks.
I really like the Sam Adams Double Bock! You don't see it very often, but if you see it, get it!

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Had a Christmas Bomb! From Prairie Artisan Ales Two nights ago night for the first time. Awesome brew!!
I forget if I've had christmas bomb yet but regular bomb is one of my favorites.

I did see you had an evil twin even more jesus the other day. I haven't had that yet either but I've had prairie/evil twin bible belt a few times. It's even more jesus spiced like bomb and it is also one of my favorites :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I really like the Sam Adams Double Bock! You don't see it very often, but if you see it, get it!
Doesn't SA make two different double bocks? I've had both and I remember one being decent and the other being fantastic.

Pretty sure one is a limited release.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Doesn't SA make two different double bocks? I've had both and I remember one being decent and the other being fantastic.

Pretty sure one is a limited release.
I think they only have 1 Double Bock. But, reading some of the reviews, it isn't exactly clear on that, they may have an "Imperial" version, but that seems to be the only one showing at BA.
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35/47785/

They did also make a Triple Bock, it is very much a sipping beer, not nearly as good as the double.
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35/111/

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I think they only have 1 Double Bock. But, reading some of the reviews, it isn't exactly clear on that, they may have an "Imperial" version, but that seems to be the only one showing at BA.
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35/47785/

They did also make a Triple Bock, it is very much a sipping beer, not nearly as good as the double.
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35/111/
The one I was thinking of was a double bock and rauch blend. The imperial series is OK. This one was better.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis