bigus

Audioholic
Because the ones I made are:

1. Functional
2. Relatively inexpensive
3. Look cool (to me)
4. Don't need any engineering, just assembly
Excellent!
If they sound good to you, that's all that counts.

I've never stated here that anyone has to buy expensive cables.
I have stated that that I do hear a difference in cables and cables are an important component to a system.
I just happen to like Nordost.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Post edited, happy?

checking out an Audioquest Sydney now.....
Nice cable.
Very neutral.
Nordost still has a better mid range kick.
If the midrange didn't already "kick" (whatever that means) before your new cables, why did you bother committing to your current speakers in the first place? If Nordost releases a new line of cables next year, do you plan to buy those as well? Are you saying your system still has room for improvement? You could've invested your money more wisely in better speakers.

Excellent!If they sound good to you, that's all that counts. I've never stated here that anyone has to buy expensive cables.I have stated that that I do hear a difference in cables and cables are an important component to a system.I just happen to like Nordost.
If you're so confident in your ability to hear different tonalities in cables, why haven't you accepted either of @jinjuku's challenges? Seems like easy money for the taking if you're right. Or are you nothing more than a troll or a shill? Time to put up or shut up.

Dave Blount

Dave Blount

Junior Audioholic
ahhhhh, I see it's feeding time at the zoo again. Troll getting hungry ????

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
If the midrange didn't already "kick" (whatever that means) before your new cables, why did you bother committing to your current speakers in the first place? If Nordost releases a new line of cables next year, do you plan to buy those as well? Are you saying your system still has room for improvement? You could've invested your money more wisely in better speakers.

If you're so confident in your ability to hear different tonalities in cables, why haven't you accepted either of @jinjuku's challenges? Seems like easy money for the taking if you're right. Or are you nothing more than a troll or a shill? Time to put up or shut up.

You don't understand.
I don't care about what you or "others" hear, or their tests.
I care about what I hear............. I'll do my own testing.

I have the speakers I want, thanks.
I did my own tests to pick the speakers.....

You'll hear midrange kick when you hear it, maybe....

I've had my Nordost for close to 5 years now. I'll consider an upgrade when the time comes.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
You don't understand.
I don't care about what you or "others" hear, or their tests.
I care about what I hear............. I'll do my own testing.

I have the speakers I want, thanks.
I did my own tests to pick the speakers.....

You'll hear midrange kick when you hear it, maybe....

I've had my Nordost for close to 5 years now. I'll consider an upgrade when the time comes.
Refusing to care about objective data only harms your credibility. And if credibility is another thing you don't care about, then how do you expect to persuade others to agree with your point of view?

Can you describe this midrange kick, please? What should I listen for? Would I see the difference between kick and not kick on a frequency response graph? On a waterfall plot? On a spectrograph? On an impulse response graph? On an SPL meter?

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
Refusing to care about objective data only harms your credibility. And if credibility is another thing you don't care about, then how do you expect to persuade others to agree with your point of view?

Can you describe this midrange kick, please? What should I listen for? Would I see the difference between kick and not kick on a frequency response graph? On a waterfall plot? On a spectrograph? On an impulse response graph? On an SPL meter?
Really?
I don't "expect to persuade" anyone.
You folks do.

Last edited:
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Really?
I don't "expect to persuade" anyone.
You folks do.
You admit to holding no value in objective data. You admit to having no credibility, nor any desire for it. You admit to having no intention of persuading anyone. That leaves only one purpose for your continued arguments.

Through a painstaking process we've finally maneuvered you into confirming your true intentions here. You can return to your bridge now. I'm satisfied.

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
You admit to holding no value in objective data. You admit to having no credibility, nor any desire for it. You admit to having no intention of persuading anyone. That leaves only one purpose for your continued arguments.

Through a painstaking process we've finally maneuvered you into confirming your true intentions here. You can return to your bridge now. I'm satisfied.
What are your true intentions here?
To stop me from expressing an opinion?
"we've finally maneuvered you into confirming your true intentions here"

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Your opinion is of what value, though? You seem so easily fooled it's sad. I can only extend pity as to anyone who would move forward based on your opinion.

jinjuku

jinjuku

My god man!
why would you ever run a 300' cable.
Ever hear of WiFi?

I bet the Nordost would win against your hand terminated 3' footer.
Even your 300 footer.
Just guessing on that one. Let me know.......
So do we have a bet or not?

I'll ADC two tracks For each track I'll make 6 random swaps of cable at known interval. I'll post an encrypted zip with what cable was in use for each interval.

$100 to charity and you have to post the payment receipt publicly here if you can't hear the difference between 315 foot of generic or 3 foot of Nordost.

jinjuku

jinjuku

You've gone past mere opinion:

"My god"...."I bet the Nordost would win against your hand terminated 3 footer"

I'm looking for the 'Intellectually Honest Audiophile'. You know of any?

Either put up or shut up please.

I'm stacking the deck in your favor: A cable that is 98 times longer, 776 times cheaper by the foot.

I'll sweeten the deal. You still send $100 to charity, I'll send $100 to charity of your choice and $200 to you if you can pick it out.

*Guys this is how you show a tin eared audiophile the exit.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
OUR True intentions are to provide GOOD advice for newbs. When a newb sees your advice and wastes their $ on silly cables, it does a disservice to the entire hobby. That person will lose interest quickly and then not contribute to the hobby. We all suffer for this non-sense that you insist on pushing on this site, where it is absolutely NOT welcomed.

1) Take up the bet with Jinjuku. You like to ignore that, because deep down, you know that you would lose that bet and look like the fool that you are!
2) Instead of spending that $ on wires or cables, reallocate the $ to Instead of spending that $ on wires or cables, reallocate the $ to more $ on better speakers. Guaranteed improvement to be had with that approach, vs. placebo improvement with your big $ cable approach.
3) Instead of spending that $ on wires or cables, reallocate the $ to Room Treatments. Guaranteed improvement to be had with that approach, vs. placebo improvement with your big $ cable approach.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
He'll be back. And, he will continue to act like he didn't see that post.

That's part of the troll strategy! Spew out rubbish, engage you with "try it for yourself", and completely ignore the arguments that he can't counter-argue. He doesn't engage the air-tight arguments because he can't.

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
Your opinion is of what value, though? You seem so easily fooled it's sad. I can only extend pity as to anyone who would move forward based on your opinion.
I express my "opinion"
You?

Like i said 20 posts ago....
Your a follower....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I express my "opinion"
You?

Like i said 20 posts ago....
Your a follower....
No, "you're" apparently the follower here. Take up jinjuku's offer if you want any credibility. You really have no credibility at his point so that's a big hole to dig out of....

jinjuku

jinjuku

Further, unsupported statements, of 'demonstrable' improvements will be pruned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis