Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I used the link button and thought it would just post the link. I didn't try typing it out though.
The link button to the right of the font family icon? It will open a box for you to paste a url into....

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
POW "Crack N Egg" on CD

An Indie group that sounds like a cross between the Cars and the Von Bondies...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Love this song.

It did it again. Tried to fix it and it got all messed up. Fuggit.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Puya. Heavy music with a heavy Latin influence. This song really grabbed me.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've liked Neil Young's music since I was a kid in the 70's. My parents used to throw the "Mahoning Valley Easter Festival" every spring. About 50 or so people would show up every year. Some years close to 100. Old college buddies who made a pact and got back together every year in honor of Woodstock.

My sister and I would help our stepfather build a stage in the back yard for the band(s) the week before. A couple drummers would be there, a couple guitarists, etc. My step dad was in a band so he had a pa system, old Gollehon speakers and stage lighting. It was a weekend affair. I was exposed to a lot of 60's and 70's era music (among other things ;)). Some of it really stuck with me. I love this song, and I love this performance.

Neil Young, Live In Shepherd's Bush, London: OldMan

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Nice. My first concert all by myself was a Neil Young show at Winterland in San Francisco when I was 16. Linda Rondstadt and the Stone Poneys opened. Later on when I got into tour logistics for various bands I did some tour work for him, too. I somewhat learned to mountain bike near his ranch in San Mateo county, which is involved in the origin of the song (a friend of mine even got caught by his security once poaching trails there, at least that was his story, but it made sense from his description of where he had been wandering). Neil's land holdings there make him one of the county's major landowners.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice. My first concert all by myself was a Neil Young show at Winterland in San Francisco when I was 16. Linda Rondstadt and the Stone Poneys opened. Later on when I got into tour logistics for various bands I did some tour work for him, too. I somewhat learned to mountain bike near his ranch in San Mateo county, which is involved in the origin of the song (a friend of mine even got caught by his security once poaching trails there, at least that was his story, but it made sense from his description of where he had been wandering). Neil's land holdings there make him one of the county's major landowners.
That is awesome. Did you meet him? I knew he had a lot of land, but didn't realize so much. I've really enjoyed his music over the years.

Here's something with a little more kick to it. I love these guys too.

System Of A Down: Science

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That is awesome. Did you meet him? I knew he had a lot of land, but didn't realize so much. I've really enjoyed his music over the years.

Here's something with a little more kick to it. I love these guys too.

System Of A Down: Science
No, and most of the actual musicians weren't part of the organizations I dealt with generally....altho I did meet several musicians/bands over the years, Neil wasn't one of them despite doing work for them over a coupla years. He's also heavily involved in electrical car stuff, his warehouse in San Mateo went up in flames a few years ago, too. A friend of mine who kind of took over where I left off in band logistics did end up working with Neil more closely, spent some time on the property, tepee and all :)

Killer property btw, near what is called by mountain bikers "Skeggs" or more properly now under current ownership as "El Corte de Madera Open Space"

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I've liked Neil Young's music since I was a kid in the 70's. My parents used to throw the "Mahoning Valley Easter Festival" every spring. About 50 or so people would show up every year. Some years close to 100. Old college buddies who made a pact and got back together every year in honor of Woodstock.

My sister and I would help our stepfather build a stage in the back yard for the band(s) the week before. A couple drummers would be there, a couple guitarists, etc. My step dad was in a band so he had a pa system, old Gollehon speakers and stage lighting. It was a weekend affair. I was exposed to a lot of 60's and 70's era music (among other things ;)). Some of it really stuck with me. I love this song, and I love this performance.

Neil Young, Live In Shepherd's Bush, London: OldMan
That's really awesome.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Not quite a song, but a video I stumbled across explaining why most people sing with an American accent, no matter where they're from.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis