Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Another "new to me" $2.99 CD from the used record store.
More uptempo horns: sax and trumpet. Richard Elliot + Rick Braun.
Very nice !

Richard Elliot / Rick Braun RnR Better Times

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Wings For Marie Part 2

This song is about his mother, who had cancer. The name of the album is 10,000 Days, which is how long she had it.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Wings For Marie Part 2

This song is about his mother, who had cancer. The name of the album is 10,000 Days, which is how long she had it.

One of my favorites.
Where is the new album? Lol

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Heard that before lol.
That's pretty cool to find a fan here. I also love tool. Danny is one of the best ever.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Heard that before lol.
That's pretty cool to find a fan here. I also love tool. Danny is one of the best ever.
I played drums for several years. Danny blows my mind with his weird time signatures and polyrythms. I completely agree he may be one of the best ever. It is cool to find another fan here. I've always had a taste for heavy music.

I ended up selling my kit when I realized I wasn't gonna be the next Danny Carey. Drums aren't a quiet hobby...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
lol. Nope not quiet at all. My drum kit was destroyed in a basement flood a few years ago. My wife bought a new one for my birthday! I can't quit. If I'm awake, I have rhythms and songs in my head. Have to release that stuff. Plus my kids love them, and have a lot of potential.
Also love the polyrhythms. Overlapping time signatures keeps the brain quite active, and is fun to listen to. Hope this album drops soon...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think there's probably a few more Tool fans around here.....

Tool - Lateralus
Nice! That's one of my favorite songs like, ever. Have you see the version of that video that someone put together for a school project or something? It shows how they loosely wrote the entire song around the Fibonacci Sequence, right down to how many syllables per verse there were.

*Edit: Tried to make that a link and the forum embedded it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Nice! Have you see the version of that video that someone put together for a school project or something? It shows how they loosely wrote the entire song around the Fibonacci Sequence, right down to how many syllables per verse there were.

You are a font of Tool knowledge, I just have generally listened to music, no videos. Will give it a try....they have some fractals going on?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You are a font of Tool knowledge, I just have generally listened to music, no videos. Will give it a try....they have some fractals going on?
Nothing like that. The visuals are pretty simple, but it points out all of the spots where it's tied to the sequence and he gives his interpretation of the song. It's pretty cool.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Another "new to me" $2.99 CD from the used record store.
More uptempo horns: sax and trumpet. Richard Elliot + Rick Braun.
Very nice !

Richard Elliot / Rick Braun RnR Better Times

I saw Rick Braun and Bony James at Villa Montalvo and they were really good.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Dewey Corley and Walter Miller "Ain't Gonna Drink No More-That Much" on vinyl
dewy.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis