Status Acoustics Voce Fina Bookshelf Speaker Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
RBH Sound has upped the ante by releasing a speaker product that truly lives up to the Status Acoustics moniker with a superbly crafted speaker system constructed of solid granite. The Voce Fina is a two-way featuring a 6.5" Beryllium / Aluminum alloy phase plug driver and 1" soft dome Scan Speak 9500 tweeter. They are undoubtedly some of the finest sounding bookshelf loudspeakers I've ever had the fortune of listening to.

They exhibited an uncanny ability of disappearing into the room and sounding much larger than their diminutive size suggests. If you're looking for two-channel nirvana from a price no object speaker system that sounds as good as it looks, the Status Acoustics Voce Fina will take you there.

Read our Status Acoustics Voce Fina Bookshelf Speaker Review

Granite, it's not just for premium counter tops anymore. What do you think?

J

JonnyFive23517

Audioholic
I don't understand what market this product is aimed at. Wealthy audiophile geologists?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
That's an amazingly flat on-axis frequency response. I read through your measurement technique material and I didn't see any mention of smoothing or averaging. Can you comment more regarding exactly how that measurement was made?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
That's an amazingly flat on-axis frequency response. I read through your measurement technique material and I didn't see any mention of smoothing or averaging. Can you comment more regarding exactly how that measurement was made?
There was no smoothing. These are in-room measurements gated to remove room effects below 200Hz. These speakers measure that good!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I don't understand what market this product is aimed at. Wealthy audiophile geologists?
Or wealthy audiophiles in general that want the very best performance from a bookshelf speaker with the most inert cabinet possible.

J

JonnyFive23517

Audioholic
Or wealthy audiophiles in general that want the very best performance from a bookshelf speaker with the most inert cabinet possible.
But isn't cabinet resonance most critical in the bass region? And these roll off so early that it'd be a moot point?

There are so many high performing bookshelf speakers under $5k, that I just can't fathom spending that kind of money on a bookshelf. But, to each their own.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
A
But isn't cabinet resonance most critical in the bass region? And these roll off so early that it'd be a moot point?

There are so many high performing bookshelf speakers under $5k, that I just can't fathom spending that kind of money on a bookshelf. But, to each their own.
As mentioned the benefit with will be with energy in the polar response and increased efficiency and output near near the crossovers. Resulting in smoother implementation thru the crossover

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator

Cabinet resonance matters for the entire audio band. Yes and RBH has a very similar speaker in a wood cabinet for under $2k/pr as I mentioned in the review. That is a high value product that most people would opt for.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
There was no smoothing. These are in-room measurements gated to remove room effects below 200Hz. These speakers measure that good!
We expect nothing less from RBH. ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Cabinet resonance matters for the entire audio band. Yes and RBH has a very similar speaker in a wood cabinet for under $2k/pr as I mentioned in the review. That is a high value product that most people would opt for.
85% of the performance for $1900 MSRP is good value. :D

S

scattershot

Audioholic
In the interest of helping out any potential RBH buyers of these speakers out I wanted to point out some related resources on Audioholics:

RBH Signature Classic Reference Series 61-SE/R [MSRP: $2700 / pair]
Product Website:
RBH 61-SE/R Bookshelf Speaker
Related Review:
Status Acoustics Decimo Review | Audioholics

RBH Signature SX Reference Series SX-61/R: [MSRP: $1900 / pair]
Product Website:
Bookshelf: RBH SX-61/R Bookshelf Speaker
Review:
RBH Sound SX-61/R Bookshelf Speakers Review | Audioholics
Video Review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZUtYMQ29FI&feature=player_embedded
Forum Thread:
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/loudspeakers/76648-rbh-sound-sx-61-r-bookshelf-speakers-video-review.html

Puckhead asked in this thread:
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/loudspeakers/76648-rbh-sound-sx-61-r-bookshelf-speakers-video-review.html
"How would these compare to the RBH 61-SE/R and to the Decimos -- what are the main differences between them? How much better are the Decimos?"

Gene said:
"The Decimo's have a slightly upgraded Xover but all 3 speakers use the same drivers. The Decimo's have the most inert cabinet and smoothest front baffle of the 3. I directly compared the Decimo's to the 61-SE/R as I used to own a set of the latter speakers. They are very close, but the top end of the Decimo's just make you melt. The imaging is slightly better and the bass is a bit snappier on the Decimo's. It's not night / day difference, but the cabinet does make a difference. The new SX-61/R should be very similar in performance to the Signature Reference version.[61-SE/R]"

Lastly, the new Status Acoustics (premium RBH speakers) that replace the Decimo’s are out.

Status Acoustics Decimos Bookshelf Speakers:

Status Acoustics Decimos Bookshelf Speakers: [MSRP: $12,000 / pair]
Product Website:
Status Acoustics Products--Voce Fina
Review:
Status Acoustics Voce Fina Bookshelf Speaker Review | Audioholics
Video Review:
Status Acoustics Voce Fina Bookshelf Speaker CEDIA 2013 Coverage - YouTube
Forum Thread: (this thread!)
Status Acoustics Voce Fina Bookshelf Speaker Review

(I hope the above info can save Gene and others time from having to answer repeated queries that are similar)

S

scattershot

Audioholic
Just an fyi guys.
Gene from Audioholics mentioned that with respect to the discontinued Status Acoustics Decimo speakers (MSRP: $2900)
"the 61-LSE's had the upgraded Status drivers and crossover components."
(The 61-LSE were only offered for a limited time and are now discontinued).

"Now you have to step up to the new Status Voce Fina Granite speakers to get those crossovers along with the Beryllium Driver:"
Status Acoustics Voce Fina Bookshelf Speaker Review | Audioholics

Lastly Gene added "The SX-61/R and 61-SE/R have the Status drivers but standard RBH crossovers."

Hope this info may prove helpful to some other readers who are looking at purchasing one of the highest-quality RBH bookshelfs.

F

frostbyte

Audioholic
These things are spectacular and sound like heaven. I got suckered in from the listening experience. Can't wait to get them home!

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I have to say the brand name is a turn off to me. I buy speakers for sound, not for status.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I have to say the brand name is a turn off to me. I buy speakers for sound, not for status.
I agree, and many high-end audio products have obnoxious names. Like my own Revel Ultima Salon2s. All three names are silly, and a bit embarrassing when I tell people unfamiliar with them the name. Sometimes I wonder how such poor names pass scrutiny and get approval.

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
These things are spectacular and sound like heaven. I got suckered in from the listening experience. Can't wait to get them home!
Very cool. Maybe you can post some images of your Status Acoustics speakers here so we can share them on our FB page too :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis