Aperion Audio Allaire Bluetooth Speaker Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
With the aptX codec, Bluetooth audio is finally capable of CD-quality wireless reproduction. Aperion Audio leverages this new technology, along with analog and digital inputs, to create a pair of affordable, do-it-all speakers for the modern lifestyle ; the Allaire Bluetooth Speaker System. Can these mini-monitors compete against traditional speakers and the new field of bluetooth speaker docks? The answers lie within.

Discuss "Aperion Audio Allaire Bluetooth Speaker Review" here. Read the article.

G

greatdavide

Audioholic Intern
My buddy just got a set of these and I'm looking forward to getting to listen!

Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Audioholics Videographer Extraordinaire
My buddy just got a set of these and I'm looking forward to getting to listen!
Please add your (and your buddy's) perspective in this thread. Goodness knows I don't have all the answers.

O

olc

Enthusiast
With the aptX codec, Bluetooth audio is finally capable of CD-quality wireless reproduction. Aperion Audio leverages this new technology, along with analog and digital inputs, to create a pair of affordable, do-it-all speakers for the modern lifestyle ; the Allaire Bluetooth Speaker System. Can these mini-monitors compete against traditional speakers and the new field of bluetooth speaker docks? The answers lie within.

Discuss "Aperion Audio Allaire Bluetooth Speaker Review" here. Read the article.
Yes aptX Bluetooth is very good but not really "CD-quality". It is markedly better than standard Bluetooth. But aptX sending devices are pretty hard to come by. Tablets and smartphones that have it tend to be very expensive. The best deals in tablets are some of the Samsungs. The other are junk. Here's a place to find what has aptX capability JBA: List Of Apt-X Compatible Devices (transmitters, receivers, etc.)

T

trunkmonkey

Audiophyte
No Apple

aptx codec
Great Bluetooth products come out that cater to Iphones/pods in their marketing literature. Too bad they don't support aptx.
Blackberry and Samsung have adopted this technology but I do not see anything from Apple.
Sign of the times

Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Yes aptX Bluetooth is very good but not really "CD-quality". It is markedly better than standard Bluetooth. But aptX sending devices are pretty hard to come by. Tablets and smartphones that have it tend to be very expensive. The best deals in tablets are some of the Samsungs. The other are junk. Here's a place to find what has aptX capability JBA: List Of Apt-X Compatible Devices (transmitters, receivers, etc.)
aptX also keep there own list: aptX® Wireless Bluetooth Audio Products & Technology

And you're right; I contacted all my friends and could find anyone with an aptX source. Receivers seem to be more common.

As far as using the term "CD-Quality", aptX themselves are very careful about using the term "CD-Like". Based on these specs, the algorithm may not perfectly replicate CD standards, but it come very close:

• Compression ratio: 4:1
  • Audio Format: 16-bit, 44.1kHz (CD-Quality)
  • Data Rates: 352kbps
  • Frequency Response: 10Hz to 22kHz
  • Algorithmic Delay: <1.89ms @ Fs 48KHz
  • Dynamic Range: 16-bit: >92dB
  • THD+N: -68.8dB

from aptX® | High Quality Bluetooth® Stereo Audio | Codec

Let's also keep in mind that very few people will actually be feeding these products CDs or Lossless audio files from their portable devices via a bluetooth connection. Pandora and YouTube are more likely sources, and from that perspective, the source file becomes the bottleneck, not the transmission medium. For folks with CD players: use a wire.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
My lg g2 has aptX capability. Unfortunately, activating aptX on it requires adb or root and command line acrobatics; but at least it only needs enabled once.

Wonder if any if your friends' phones have aptX but didn't know it?

Anyway, since I generally don't put lossless media files on my phone, aptX sounds every bit as good as a wired connection could.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but does anybody know what the usable range (distance) of these things is?

Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but does anybody know what the usable range (distance) of these things is?
I was able to use them within about 30 feet through walls, if memory serves, with a Moto G.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis