What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Just picked up a floor model. Samsung PNF60F5300. 60" plasma. Got it for $550. No remote or stand but plan to mount it and can likely work around the remote issue.

Thx for the rec Afterlife
Great glad it worked out awesome price.:D I don't use that remote either I use my universal remote. Be sure to run the color slides from AVS. In time the blacks get better too. :) If you need help with the setup PM me. Enjoy it!

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I also got some headphones from fleabay, a pair first gen Parrot Zik cans:

$400 headphones for < $150 shipped ain't too bad. There's a bit of drama surrounding them though. They have a Point of Sale demo firmware loaded, and a lot of the functionality is missing. I've been in contact with Parrot, who have offered to perform warranty repair / replacement on them. I'm getting ready to mail them off this afternoon. After finding out the nature of the firmware on them, I thought they might've been stolen. :x Parrot reckons the store carrying them just sold the demo unit and shouldn't have. They told me this a week after my offering my suspicion, so I'm guessing they contacted the authorized vendors around the area of the auction and checked.

Anyway, I was going to wait till I got the replacement phones before bragging about them in this thread, but I guess now's as good a time as any to show off my find. They sound great, although when they're playing heavy bass the treble gets a frog in its throat. I'm most impressed with Parrot's customer service, though, offering warranty service from an item I bought used from an unauthorized seller, with no original proof of purchase other than the eBay ad.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I was feeling inadequate since everybody and his brother has this, so when I saw it at BJ's for $20, I caved and joined the masses;).

At 2 hours and 48 minutes, it may be a few weeks before I make the time, but I might have to do some spot checks for the audio.
Anyone want to give me some times for impressive audio events (and music)?

Also came with "Collectible IMAX film cell from an actual 70mm film print", seems like trash. Any reason to keep it?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I was feeling inadequate since everybody and his brother has this, so when I saw it at BJ's for $20, I caved and joined the masses;).

At 2 hours and 48 minutes, it may be a few weeks before I make the time, but I might have to do some spot checks for the audio.

Also came with "Collectible IMAX film cell from an actual 70mm film print", seems like trash. Any reason to keep it?
Chapter 16 was mentioned somewhere so I made sure I revisited that for an additional viewing. Glad I caught it but now I can't remember the scene. Nice organ though. :D

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I decided to toy with the Micca 42x - however, I am going to
be tough on them - they will have to show something to top
them nice Sound Appeal speakers.

In the house and hooked up - first impressions are not real good, and they
do sound small. However, I do not want to fire anyone on their first day of
working. Sometimes first impressions can be misleading or annoying.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

Got mine last night. Will watch this weekend. I will lower the PB1000 for sure and gradually turn it up. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Mercy mercy! You must have a lot of time on your hands.:)
Yep.:eek: Funny thing is I only have seen is 2 of the 3D movies I own. As with most things you gotta be in the mood. I wish I could hoard as many speakers as you. ;)

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Yep.:eek: Funny thing is I only have seen is 2 of the 3D movies I own. As with most things you gotta be in the mood. I wish I could hoard as many speakers as you. ;)
You probably could if you'd stop buying Blu-Rays for a month or two. You'd probably end up with a pair of Status Acoustics Titus 8T's like Gene's.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I wish I could hoard as many speakers as you. ;)
Only a few end up hanging around - I will get the Sound Appeal put back
together next week.

Now the question is, should I play the movie Interstellar with the Micca speakers
running full range as front speakers??? :oops::)

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
You probably could if you'd stop buying Blu-Rays for a month or two. You'd probably end up with a pair of Status Acoustics Titus 8T's like Gene's.
Bingo!

He needs to open the HSU ones and test them out.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Ganging up on me huh?:D I'm quite content with what I have right now. Shu I have not even opened my HSU box yet + I rather buy me a house(and stay clear of the knucklehead upstairs) with the cost of them 8T's.:confused::eek::p

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So I've been wearing my Garmin Fenix 3 for about a week and half so far and I'm really loving it. I haven't had a chance to use many of the features yet, but the two times I've fired it up it worked pretty well. Still waiting on the "app" store to fill out a little more.

Got my Dad a birthday present, or at least ordered it. Smith and Bradley Sans-13 watch. Designed and made in the USA. Tough as nails tactical watches that you can beat on until the end of time and they'll keep on kicking. I think we all know it's just a matter of time before I magic one up for myself :eek: :D

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
In the house and hooked up (Micca 42x) - first impressions are not real good, and they do sound small. However, I do not want to fire anyone on their first day of working. Sometimes first impressions can be misleading or annoying.
In the house and now out - I understand why people like the Micca 42x
however, not for me - sending them back for a refund.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Got mine last night. Will watch this weekend. I will lower the PB1000 for sure and gradually turn it up. :)
I rented from Amazon Prime - wanted to see if I would like it enough to buy it.
I can see where the sound effects would be serious - however, the overall movie
is weak to me. So, I will pass for now - maybe buy later down the line, when it
drops to around $9.99

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis