Amazon Fire TV Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Amazon Fire TV is very competitively priced streaming and gaming all-in-one box at $100 though it doesn't undercut anyone. Roku and Apple TV are the same price and the streaming sticks from Roku and Google are considerably less. If all you want is streaming, you can pay less. If you want the ability to play games (and have an extra $40 to spend for the controller), the Amazon Fire TV is for you.

Read the Amazon Fire TV Preview

What streaming device are you using?

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
I put a little more in depth comparison, I have both and did a write up in the review section :)

A quick note as well, not sure if the Roku 3 supports MIMO as I have seen conflicting reviews

Fire TV vs. Roku 3: Which One to Buy, Why (comparison) » Gadget Review
There is a mistake in this review. The Fire TV does not support VC1. I know if you look on Amazon's site it says that it supports it, but it's a known fact among people who are running xbmc on the FTV that VC1 is not supported.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
There is a mistake in this review. The Fire TV does not support VC1. I know if you look on Amazon's site it says that it supports it, but it's a known fact among people who are running xbmc on the FTV that VC1 is not supported.
If you are referring to my review, you are correct and if you read the follow up threads this was already pointed out.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis