Vizio E-Series LED Displays: Audioholics takes a first look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
With screen sizes ranging from 23" to 70" and prices spanning $160-$1,700, we think it's fair to say Vizio's E-Series is a relatively diverse lineup. But wait, it gets better: the E-Series includes a mixture of standard and smart displays, as well as edge lit models, full array LED backlit models, and several models with local dimming. Adding a little extra convenience, smart models also include built in WiFi. Of course, while there seems to be a TV to fit the needs of most budget shoppers here, there is one feature noticeably missing: 3D. Given the price points Vizio is hitting here, something had to give. Frankly, we're not going to shed a lot of tears about it.

Read all about the Vizio E-Series LED Displays here. Anybody interested in buying one? Would you use it in your main system, or perhaps a second setup (i.e. a bedroom or den)?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
With screen sizes ranging from 23" to 70" and prices spanning $160-$900, we think it's fair to say Vizio's E-Series is a relatively diverse lineup. But wait, it gets better: the E-Series includes a mixture of standard and smart displays, as well as edge lit models, full array LED backlit models, and several models with local dimming. Adding a little extra convenience, smart models also include built in WiFi. Of course, while there seems to be a TV to fit the needs of most budget shoppers here, there is one feature noticeably missing: 3D. Given the price points Vizio is hitting here, something had to give. Frankly, we're not going to shed a lot of tears about it.

Read all about the Vizio E-Series LED Displays here. Anybody interested in buying one? Would you use it in your main system, or perhaps a second setup (i.e. a bedroom or den)?
If they can improve upon their black levels over my Vizio SV470M, I would get a 2nd Vizion. Mine has proven to be extremely reliable and the picture/colors are very natural. The only thing lacking like i mentioned before is their black level.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis