Avantegard Zero 1 Floorstanding Speakers: Audioholics Takes A Sneak Peek

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Avantegard Zero 1 isn't exactly what you'd call cheap; priced at $14,500, you could alternatively spend that kind of money to buy a car or make a down payment on a house. However, the price tag does come with a few perks. While these speakers won't make you coffee, the Zero 1's boast an active three way design with independent amplifiers for each driver. In addition, the speakers boast high quality 24-bit Burr Brown DACs, a multitude of digital inputs, and they connect together wirelessly in a master/slave configuration to reduce clutter.

Read more about the Avantgarde Zero 1's here.

Anybody interested in owning a pair? Speak (or type) up!

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Just looking at the thumbnail, the aesthetic reminds me more of a pair of $20 computer speakers than anything related to high end audio :D

J

j_Galligan

Audiophyte
Something is missing

No dedicated input for my new Emotiva 8 track = no interest.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Just looking at the thumbnail, the aesthetic reminds me more of a pair of $20 computer speakers than anything related to high end audio :D
I was thinking the same thing :) Floorstander, but the tiny pic makes them look tiny because of the styling (they are plastic too...).

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Interesting, you don't often see mids using a horn. I would love to see some measurements, although that will never happen I am sure. What's funny is the room which these are pictured in the gallery; it looks like the home of Patrick Batemen. Why use such an inhospitable setting to sell your product?

Tue S. Dissing

Tue S. Dissing

Audiophyte
I was thinking the same thing :) Floorstander, but the tiny pic makes them look tiny because of the styling (they are plastic too...).
They are not small at all. Was surprised of their size when I saw them at a messe here in Copenhagen last year.
Pretty large, but also very nice to look at (if you like large speakres)....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis