Deals on 2 Yamaha Receivers

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Boy, I wish you hadn't posted this. :mad: I'm hankering big time to pick up the 3020 but promised myself I would wait another year or two, especially considering I already have a 4600, 2600 & the 2700 model(s). The missus overall has been pretty indulgent of my addiction but if I get the 3020 I may writing a new book; Tempting Fate. :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
You don't need it! Just trying to help. Hence no Tempting fate. :)

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Boy, I wish you hadn't posted this. :mad: I'm hankering big time to pick up the 3020 but promised myself I would wait another year or two, especially considering I already have a 4600, 2600 & the 2700 model(s). The missus overall has been pretty indulgent of my addiction but if I get the 3020 I may writing a new book; Tempting Fate. :D
If you don't need anything and don't want to be tempted to buy anyway, you should stay away from the "deals, Deals, DEALS!" forum. And if you are in need of one kind of thing, but not others, and do not want to be tempted, don't click on any threads that are about a kind of thing that you do not need. But if you choose to ignore this advice, do not complain about being tempted, as you are going where there will likely be temptations.

As for the receivers here, both of these are good prices for what the receivers are, and both are what I would buy if I were in the market for a receiver at their respective price points. But I know the RX-V2700 is a nice unit, and has good enough HDMI if one has a BD player that can convert the audio to multichannel PCM, and one does not require 3D video. So there is a really good chance that you should not be looking at threads like this one. And you should stop reading this post now, because I am about to write more that may increase the temptation.

The new RX-A3030 uses a Yamaha chip for video processing, instead of the nicely implemented HQV Vida chip in the RX-A3020. Now, it may be that Yamaha's chip works as well, but I have not yet seen any reviews covering its video processing, so right now, I would rather have the RX-A3020 than the replacement RX-A3030, because I know the RX-A3020 has really good video processing, and do not know about its replacement. And they will all be gone soon, so if you want the RX-A3020, you had better order it soon.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
It's not the HQV Vida chip that has me salivating but the 2 channel 165W of juice. I've got a Oppo BDP-105 that handles that department.

I'd like to get 2 mono-blocks but Brünnhilde might have something to say about that, since that's where she spends most of her viewing time. A/V equipment to her and I would venture to say, most women, is better heard than seen. Since the 4600 has been a long time resident in the room, she's grown to tolerate it. I'd bet she wouldn't even notice if I swap it out with a 3020.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
It's not the HQV Vida chip that has me salivating but the 2 channel 165W of juice. I've got a Oppo BDP-105 that handles that department.

I'd like to get 2 mono-blocks but Brünnhilde might have something to say about that, since that's where she spends most of her viewing time. A/V equipment to her and I would venture to say, most women, is better heard than seen. Since the 4600 has been a long time resident in the room, she's grown to tolerate it. I'd bet she wouldn't even notice if I swap it out with a 3020.
Don't discount a wife's peripheral vision.. She will notice but won't say anything until she needs to an in arguement. :)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Don't discount a wife's peripheral vision.. She will notice but won't say anything until she needs to an in arguement. :)
Haha. Yup, just keep quiet about it until she needs it to win an argument.....then bombard you with all those little things at once.

Here's a million $ idea: One faceplate that will fit on any AVR. Upgrade any time you want, swap the face plate, and the spouse is none the wiser :cool:

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
... A/V equipment to her and I would venture to say, most women, is better heard than seen. ...

Since audio equipment is for the purpose of hearing rather than seeing, that seems very logical. My guess is, she does not object to seeing the video screen.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Since audio equipment is for the purpose of hearing rather than seeing, that seems very logical. My guess is, she does not object to seeing the video screen.
Well she is a very logical girl. :) A math major in college & a systems analyst in a financial firm now.

And still she married me. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis