New 2014 Pioneer AV Receivers: VSX-44/80 & VSX-824/1024/1124-K Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
It seems like every year we ask ourselves the same question: what new features will A/V receiver manufacturers wow us with next? Pioneer has their answer for the 2014 model year, with five new models (including two Elite receivers) ranging from the entry level VSX-824 (SRP $399) to the Elite VSX-80 (SRP $700). First to market with HDMI 2.0, the new lineup has a few extra goodies sure to please feature-philes. Keep reading for more info.

Discuss "New 2014 Pioneer AV Receivers: VSX-44/80 & VSX-824/1024/1124-K Preview" here. Read the article.

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Audioholics Whac-A-Mole'er™
Very cool...

I've been waiting for a Pioneer receiver with sub eq...

It's been hinted at for a while by Pioneer reps over at AVS...

Looks like it's finally come to full fruition...

All that needs to be seen is how well it works...

If well, I'm all over the 1124...

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I think I just found my new receiver. Vsx-80. Had the sub equalization and a full set of preouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Will it do dual sub equalization? I know it has 2 outputs but are they independent outputs or just an internal Y.

K

kini

Full Audioholic
Just read the manual. Can't tell if it still uses a single global crossover. Anyone know if it (Pioneer) still uses that on these new AVRs? If so, it's pretty much a deal breaker for me.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Well now that I can view some other details (like the photos which tell more then product announcements) I see there is not a full set of pre-outs in even the top two offerings. With only limited class A/B amp topology I would have hoped at least the Elite line-up had a full 7.2 pre-out option. That becomes a deal breaker for me.

dalumberjack

dalumberjack

Audioholic
What are the odds that they will update the full Elite line of receivers this year as well? Or is that not probably considering they updated this line first.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Well now that I can view some other details (like the photos which tell more then product announcements) I see there is not a full set of pre-outs in even the top two offerings. With only limited class A/B amp topology I would have hoped at least the Elite line-up had a full 7.2 pre-out option. That becomes a deal breaker for me.
Yep saw that also.....might also be a deal breaker for me.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I knew it was to good to be true. A receiver with dual sub equalization and 7.2 preouts for $700.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis