N

neoroses

Audiophyte
Hey folks, I'm new to the forums so a big hello :cool:

So just had an extension on my house, I have:

2x ceiling speakers in the kitchen/dining room
2x the same in the lounge
2x the same in by bedroom

All of the cabaling runs into the attick, where my media server lives. So after a few ideas my self I thought I'd ask some pros. I want to be able to have audio out of all of the speakers or just in select rooms, I would control this via my tablet controlling the media server. What would be the best approach to attciving this? I don't have loads of money, but I do have a decent computer, and two HIFIs knocking around. I mention the HIFIs because currently I have the setup working but only in one room. I have computer connected via aux to the HiFi and this works a dream, I just want to utilise the rest if my speakers!

Cheers guys ☺

jinjuku

jinjuku

Media streamers (Apple, WDTV, Netgear etc) could be tied into the server over wireless and you have amplification + speaker + streamer in each room.

Sonos is a more integrated solution to look at.

N

Nestor

Senior Audioholic
Hey folks, I'm new to the forums so a big hello :cool:

So just had an extension on my house, I have:

2x ceiling speakers in the kitchen/dining room
2x the same in the lounge
2x the same in by bedroom

All of the cabaling runs into the attick, where my media server lives. So after a few ideas my self I thought I'd ask some pros. I want to be able to have audio out of all of the speakers or just in select rooms, I would control this via my tablet controlling the media server. What would be the best approach to attciving this? I don't have loads of money, but I do have a decent computer, and two HIFIs knocking around. I mention the HIFIs because currently I have the setup working but only in one room. I have computer connected via aux to the HiFi and this works a dream, I just want to utilise the rest if my speakers!

Cheers guys
Go to htd.com.

They have controllers and amps that can be installed and operated via browser based apps. You can add keypads later if you wish.

This is assuming the speakers aren't from a 70v system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

N

neoroses

Audiophyte
Thanks for the help guys I'll get on to some of these ideas, really appreciate it.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Do you have volume controls in all the rooms?

How much of a budget do you have?

Do you have a plan to control volume for all the rooms?

If you need volume control and you need REMOTE volume control, then there aren't a lot of solutions which are going to be table based at a bottom dollar price point. There are less expensive solutions which do not offer any tablet based control, but not many which offer that type of control to multiple rooms, and certainly none that I know of which are fixed to a single source solution.

As mentioned above, and I will agree with, head to Home Theater Direct

Specifically:
MCA-66 and HTDNET-MC

Since you do need amplifiers for all the speakers separately, then this solution will do it all for you and give you tablet control.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis