CD player skipping due to vibrations

B

Bulldawg165

Audioholic Intern
Hey everyone! I have a Marantz CD5004 CD player in my entertainment center and it works great about 98% of the time. However, it is in my main living room and I have a 3 year old that likes to run and jump around (as kids do). Sometimes this causes the player to skip. Since the living room is also the main hangout area I figured the easiest thing to do is to put padding beneath the CD player to absorb the vibration. Has anyone else done this?

I've looked at vibrapods, anti vibration foam and even just a plain old yoga mat to put under the player. The only thing specifically made for this issue is the vibrapods and some auralex stuff but all of the reviews seem to focus on whether or not they improve sound quality as opposed to my specific issue.

Folks with similar issues, what have you found to be the best solution? Thanks in advance!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Just get some packing foam and put it under the feet. No need to spend money on this for what you need to accomplish.

B

Bulldawg165

Audioholic Intern
Just get some packing foam and put it under the feet. No need to spend money on this for what you need to accomplish.
This is probably what I'll end up doing. I went to home depot to look for anti-vibration foam and things of the like but they couldn't help. I'd like to find some that is solid black so it will match my entertainment center and be unnoticeable. Thanks for the quick reply!

B

Bulldawg165

Audioholic Intern
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Yes mine are hollow, Im not sure if them are the same or solid, find the hollow ones... I figured if that didnt work I would put a layer of that anti slip sheeting under the amp {they sell it for under throw rugs, so when you put them on smooth floors the dont slider all over, but I never had another problem, so didnt bother..

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
I had a disc changer do the same thing. Most of the time it would play fine, but an occassional vibration would make it skip. After a month or so I noticed it getting more sensitive to vibrations and would skip more often. Took it in to a local audio dealer/repair shop, he said the laser was out of alignment. He charged me 20 bucks and I never had the problem again. Technology has improved and Marantz makes quality gear,but if the afformentioned solutions don't aleviate the problem or it seems to get worse, it might be a consideration.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis