Aperion Audio Allaire Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Aperion Audio's new Allaire Bluetooth is a different kind of wireless speaker. A conventional pair of bookshelf speakers as opposed to the usual portable single box solution, they are billed as a "go anywhere" stereo setup. Priced at $399, the Allaire's seem to bring a lot to the table including including 50W of class D power per speaker, Bluetooth connectivity as well as optical digital and analog inputs, and of course the speakers themselves. What other goodies does Aperion have up their sleeves? Keep reading to find out.

Discuss "Aperion Audio Allaire Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers Preview" here. Read the article.

Z

Zomby Woof

Audiophyte
Hello, new guy here, but been reading here for awhile now. Nice place.

Yeah, saw these on my FB page last week, got curious. Obviously not for our HT set-ups, but for my "reading" room, which just has a 32" TV (with Chromecast & BluRay player), which is off of our kitchen. I've been wanting to improve the sound in there, and frankly, my wireless BT speaker (JBL Charge), which is great for the BBQ, the deck, bathroom, etc, just doesn't do it for me in the house. Have considered a soundbar, but the lack of true stereo separation has been a major conflict for me, until now.

This product seems to tick a lot of the right boxes for me, but until I read reputable reviews of how they sound, I'm gonna hold off purchasing. I really wish these speakers had a bit larger "woofer", say 5"-6.5", for the price. My sis-in-law bought an Energy soundbar w/sub for less than this, and it sounds pretty darn good for what it is/cost, so these being $400 w/o sub, and the small drivers, makes me wonder if they are indeed the best use of my money for my needs.

I like the look of these speakers, and they have most of what I am seeking, but the thought of having to add a small, quality sub to this, on top of the $400, sorta gives me pause. Cannot wait to see some quality, reputable reviews. Thanks.

W

walserm

Audiophyte
Just ordered some

With a 30 day review period and free shipping paid for if you don't like it....what is there to lose?

You get a full refund as well if they aren't for you. I have the exact need for something like this as I have a powered sub and thanks to the built in we just installed, I'm retiring my Rotel and Dynaudio gear for some simple sound and getting rid of the wires for my wife. So no more reciever and speakers combo, I need two good powered speakers to pair with my sub, bluetooth is a bonus, and TOSLINK out from my TV will be the focal connection for my TV, BluRay and any other source I want to connect.

Just call them and order a pair, send them back if you don't like them, but the Aperion folks are cool and easy going to talk to. This is my first Aperion purchase, and I'm hoping these will fit the bill!

Mark

G

greatdavide

Audioholic Intern
Zomby,
I'd definitely do a listening test. I live just down the road from these guys and they are true audio engineers. Woofer sizes, tweeter materials, 1Khz tests are all junk to some extent until you hear the sound. As an Aperion owner and having visited these guys show room pretty regularly I'd be shocked if these didn't kick the crap out of every equivalently priced soundbar in range. I'll be able to say more in a week or 2 as my neighbor just ordered a set but the Aperion name causes me to have very high expectations. All the specs and included subs in the world don't matter if the crossovers suck and the full range power looks like a map of Nepal when you plot it out. You can wait for reviews but seriously its a 30 day trial with free shipping. You can hear them for yourself faster than waiting for some review that isn't in your listening space.

Z

Zomby Woof

Audiophyte
Thank you for the input, Great & Walserm.

I am in no rush, so I will wait for some reviews. Last week when I first saw these speakers, I wrote to the audio guy of probably the largest gadget/tech website out there, suggesting he do a review on these. He wrote back, and to paraphrase, he said "I haven't been too impressed with Aperion's wired speakers of the last few years, and I don't get it on with BT speakers, so no, I won't be testing these." Kinda disappointed with his response, but oh well...he does focus on high-end/affordable, quality sound equipment. And you can't please all the people all the time...

Still, I'm going to keep these on my radar.

Thanks.

John.

G

greatdavide

Audioholic Intern
Seems weird to be in the gadget business and not review BT. Also strange to an "audio guy" not impressed with Aperion considering Stereoholics, Audioholics, Home Theater, Sound and Vision, HTGuys, CNET and quite a few of the smaller guys all gave Aperions speakers rave reviews... I know cause I did my research before I bought. But hey maybe you are talking about some other reputable site you are afraid to mention that I'm just not in the know about. ;)

Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Audioholics Videographer Extraordinaire
I should have the hands-on video review done by the end of the weekend. If you have any preliminary questions, feel free to post them here.

G

greatdavide

Audioholic Intern
I'm excited for this! I just wish iOS had APT-X. I already have the HK BT headphones and Apt-X makes a huge difference with those.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I should have the hands-on video review done by the end of the weekend. If you have any preliminary questions, feel free to post them here.
I'd really like to know what your avatar is about. :D

Seriously, I have no idea and not knowing is bugging me to no end.

TIA :)

Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Audioholics Videographer Extraordinaire
I'd really like to know what your avatar is about. :D

Seriously, I have no idea and not knowing is bugging me to no end.

TIA :)
It's the logo of the Human Rights Campaign. I'm also a supporter of It Gets Better, the Trevor Project, and Basic Rights Oregon, but the HRC logo tends to be the most recognizable.

I know from past experience that these can be divisive topics, so for anyone with questions or comments, please contact me directly via pm rather than detract away from the discussion on the Aperion Allaire Bluetooth Speakers.

Z

Zomby Woof

Audiophyte
Seems weird to be in the gadget business and not review BT. Also strange to an "audio guy" not impressed with Aperion considering Stereoholics, Audioholics, Home Theater, Sound and Vision, HTGuys, CNET and quite a few of the smaller guys all gave Aperions speakers rave reviews... I know cause I did my research before I bought. But hey maybe you are talking about some other reputable site you are afraid to mention that I'm just not in the know about. ;)
I didn't want to say the person's name, cuz it was a private email to me. But I'll give it up, it was the audio guy on Cnet.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis