Yamaha Soavo NS-F901 Floorstanding Speaker Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Meet Yamaha's latest and greatest loudspeaker, the Soavo NS-F901. This three-way 4-driver tower stands at a 41" tall weighing a hefy 67lbs. Priced at $5,000/pair, and finished using the same process seen on Yamaha's grand pianos, inquiring minds want to know: how do these beauties hold up to a first glance by the Audioholics? Keep reading to find out.

Discuss "Yamaha Soavo NS-F901 Floorstanding Speaker Preview" here. Read the article.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Why does Yamaha provide such lose specs? Are they trying to hide something.

Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Audioholics Videographer Extraordinaire
Is there a measurement system that can accurately measure 100kHz response, or is this just speculation?

M

MandM

Junior Audioholic
For the price they're asking I'd gladly buy the speakers being made in Canada or the US. Indonesia ? I think not.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
For the price they're asking I'd gladly buy the speakers being made in Canada or the US. Indonesia ? I think not.
A majority of the mainstream Canadian speakers use Chinese made drivers and crossover parts. They are only assembled in Canada. The same happens for US companies as well.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I never auditioned any of the Yamaha speakers, but considering the raving reviews the soavo line gets... wherever I turn....
I would like to check them out :p

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
A majority of the mainstream Canadian speakers use Chinese made drivers and crossover parts. They are only assembled in Canada. The same happens for US companies as well.
Quite many exceptions, you can still see quite widespread use of Seas, Vifa, Scan speak and too a certain degree also Eton and Dynaudio, but perhaps not so much in Canadian products, maybe Canadians are too greedy to employ Norwegian cutting edge drivers :D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Quite many exceptions, you can still see quite widespread use of Seas, Vifa, Scan speak and too a certain degree also Eton and Dynaudio, but perhaps not so much in Canadian products, maybe Canadians are too greedy to employ Norwegian cutting edge drivers :D
We Canadians borrow from you as well. :rolleyes: There are many more Canadian speaker manufactures that are not mainstream and that don't get mentioned here.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
We Canadians borrow from you as well. :rolleyes: There are many more Canadian speaker manufactures that are not mainstream and that don't get mentioned here.
Yeah, like this one, for instance :p

T

TheStalker

Banned
Here's looking at Paradigm and PSB. ;)

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry to derail the thread guys but the post about manufacturer country of drivers triggered me to this....

Some of the better looking speakers were proudly made in USA
Kestrel 2, as pictured here, with Danish Peerless and Vifa drivers

I do have a set of these.... unfortunately Pat McGinty and Meadowlark audio had to close the doors because consumers didn't want products made in USA but rather cheap stuff made in China, read: They couldn't compete with dirt cheap products made in China....

Prior to purchasing these speakers I did have a very long extended telephone call with Pat Mc Ginty and his friendliness, open mind, and great wish to share of his wealth of knowledge turned me over... Easy decision to get these speakers and this is something i never have ben having second thoughts about afterwards....... Pat Mc Ginty makes a geat example of 'proudly made in USA'

You don't get this from........ Made in China

I do weep my crocodile tears due to these sensational products not being available anymore.......

As I do have these speakers at home, sound and finish is stunning, and we're talking real high quality hardwood cherry finish :p
The soundstage, imaging and dynamic capabilities (considering it's a two way system with a 6.5" woofer is just..... waaaah)
My lovely wife absolutely adore the speakers too :D
(this is not a picture of my rig, but speakers are the same)

Last edited:
M

MandM

Junior Audioholic
Is Yamaha the only manufacturer that doesn't show where product was made in their press photos? I think they might be.;)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Nah, we're just to busy getting all ****ed up on hockey.

SheepStar

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis