1) Do you own or have need for an HDMI switcher?
My receiver has 3-way HDMI switch, but I may need an HDMI switcher in the future: HTPC, Cable Box, XBox360, PS3, and a DVD player. Fortunately only the HTPC and DVD use HDMI right now, but things may change soon.
1. Front Panel Control only (can control the switcher only from the front of the unit)
I would definitely not be a fan of that, as a universal remote is supposed to eliminate the 12 feet of walking it would take to switch inputs, so this would be a step back
2. IR Remote Control (need line-of-sight to control the switcher with a IR remote)
Nice, but not necessary if the unit can at least accept ir commands from universal remotes
3. IR Remote Receiver (similar to above but allows the switcher to be hidden out of view)
Now this is something I would be interested in, as my setup is aimed at being low profile and out of sight
4. RS-232 Control (allows integration into a home automation system)
I know rs232 is handy, but I have never used nor do I know how to, so It really doesn't make a difference to me in my current ht setup
5. Other (please provide other options that would be of interest to you)
RF remote control, video processing, audio options.
Projector: Sony VPL-VW50 (Pearl) Screen: Stewart Firehawk 100" Receiver: Pioneer Elite VSX-82TSX Fronts: Def Tech SuperTower 7002's Center: Def Tech CLR2002 Surrounds: SpeakerCraft Aim8 One's DVD: Denon DVD-1930CI HTPC: BeyondTV 4.5 w/ 500GB storage Game: Xbox360, Playstation2