DENON 3805 and DENON3910

B

bcmiller

Audiophyte
Is anyone else having trouble with your 3805 remembering that you have a DEnon Link connected? All other components that are connected I have had no problems, but twice now when I go to watch a DVD I had to reestablish the connection for the sound portion only. ANy advice?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I only have to enable it in the 3910 once. No problem so far. Are you sure you have the DVD input assigned to Denon link in the input set up menu of the 3805?

G

genesis471

Audioholic
No issues with mine either, though I've only had the 3910 for a week, and the 3805 for a month.
While on the subject is sacd and Dvd-A the only stuff that cannot pass over the Denon Link? Regular DVD videos should, with DD 5.1 or DTS, correct?
Sorry, I haven't had much time yet to sit, fiddle with it, and enjoy!

Mike
Seattle, WA

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
DVD-Audio does work with the link. For SACD we have to wait for a firmware upgrade and is pending approval by Sony. I noticed that there was an upgrade available from the U.S. Denon website for U.S., Mexico & South America users, but nothing in Canada yet. I am not sure if that firmware upgrade is the one that allows you to play SACD via the link.

N

ninety6kay

Audiophyte
No Denon Link on 3910

I just hooked up my 3805 & 3910 and can’t get Denon Link to work at all. When I go to the menu on the 3910 the option of Denon Link and ieee1394 are both grayed out. The cable can only be plugged in one way so I’m pretty sure that’s not the problem. The DVD input is set to DLINK on the 3805 and of course it says there isn’t any signal. What am I missing?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
ninety6kay, I think you have two choices, read the instruction book (the right way IMO), or do what I did for a quick fix.

I had the same problem (Dlink greyed out on the menu). The instruction book does explain under certain conditions you cannot select the link. Being impatient, I did a master reset, and then I was able to select the Dlink.

I still do not understand why straight out of a sealed box from an authorized dealer, it needed a master reset. One would think that all settings should have been in factory default.

Having said that, I admit I did play with it a little bit before I tried selecting the link. So it is still possible that some of the buttons that I pushed had done one of the things that inhibit the Dlink selection. I will never know now.

J

Jason Coleman

Banned
With the 3910, you can't have anything playing when trying to access the menus. Most of the options will be greyed out unless you stop the disc first. Also, both units have to be configured for the DenonLink to work properly. It's not very intuitive, but it does work well. The upgrades at Denon's site for the 3910 pertain to DVI and DVD-A issues as well as a "green push" that many users are experiencing...no SACD approval yet (or anytime soon I fear).

Jason

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis