Athena Sub 8 Active vs Polk PSW202 Sub

S

SirIsaacBrock

Audiophyte
I'm hoping someone can help me here. I've just picked up an Athena Sub 8 Active Subwoofer from Futureshop in Toronto for $150. This was a door crasher, with the regular retail being $399.99. When I was at the store, the salesman advised me he could sell me the Polk PSW202 for the same price. They are currently clearing these out and have them advertised (in the store) for $199. The website still shows $349.99.

At the store, the Athena sounded much crisper, but I don't think the Polk was properly set. The salesperson helping me didn't really know what he was talking about and was just turning knobs haphazardly.

I was hoping that the knowledgeable people on this site can give me some guidance into what is the better buy. I notice on the spec sheets that the Athena doesn't have a High Pass Filter and doesn't have the Phase Control like the Polk does. The Athena is also an 8" sub as opposed to the 10" Polk.

I really am a newbie here and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Athena Sub 8 Active Subwoofer

<a href="http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&dept=10&WLBS=fsweb26&sku_id=0665000FS10021855&catid=10554&newdeptid=10">Polk PSW202 10" Subwoofer<a/>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis