Own a LG TV? (lcd, Plasma) want the expert mode password?

NGL_BrSH

NGL_BrSH

Junior Audioholic
I love the LG Tv's this year. The plasma 42's i would rate as one of the best out there for it's excellent picture quality, their excellent warranty's (2 years) reliabilty, XD engine, and clear filters. All the other sets are extremely good but the 42's stick out since they have this clear filters this year(LG larger sets will have them next year) ANYWAY...

If you are a tweaker.. (and you probably are since you're on these forums) LG included an EXPERT MODE inside it's flat panel TV's for techs, and sales people mainly. THIS IS NOT IN YOUR MANUAL. The Expert preset can be selected in the normal menu but the settings that make up the preset cannot be changed, unless you know the secret sequence followed by the password.

The Tv will count how many times expert mode has been entered for whatever reason but you should know that. Expert mode lets you adjust EVERYTHING on the set better than that of a great computer monitor.

THIS IS NOT IN THE MANUAL
Here's how you do it:

HOLD the MENU BUTTON. The normal menu will pop up but if you continue holding the menu button for about 5 seconds a 4 digit lock code box will show up.

THE PASSWORD: in the shape of a L (how cute for Lg) enter 8741

Bam.. now you can tweak to your hearts content. It has a default mode so if you really mess up the picture you can default it to factory settings.

Have fun :D

edit: spelling

Last edited:
NGL_BrSH

NGL_BrSH

Junior Audioholic
billy p said:
would this work for the dlp's as well!!:D
heh.. i dunno! Never tried.. won't hurt to give it a shot.. just go hold your menu button down for a bit.. lemme know.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Oh s...

I think I just found the Holy Grail:eek: Where to begin :eek:
THANKS, FOR THE TIP!!

G

gyzzmo

Audiophyte
gyzzmo

billy p said:
I think I just found the Holy Grail:eek: Where to begin :eek:
THANKS, FOR THE TIP!!
do you know the code for a 37in XD LG TV
thank you

B

BigGuy

Audioholic Intern
Thanks for the info! I've been looking to get into that mode on my LG 50PX1D. can't wait to see if it works when I get home! Now I just need to borrow a Sencore calibration unit from someone to get my gray scale right.

Brian

P

PeterGriffin

Audiophyte
nothing happneds

Hi, good post men, but i tried that on my LG plasma 42PX4RVH and the password is wrong, can you help me please?:)

NGL_BrSH

NGL_BrSH

Junior Audioholic
gyzzmo said:
do you know the code for a 37in XD LG TV
thank you

as far as i know that code only works for this year models.. however should work fine if your 37 is this years model.. works on all the one's i've tried. lemme know i'll see if i can come up with it.

P

PatrickBateman

Junior Audioholic
Does anyone know if entering the expert mode negates the warranty?

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Hope not

:eek: , since there's a default setting for back to factory it shouldn't effect warranty. To be honest though I'm to chicken to mess around with it anyways:D . I used the custom setting on my dlp then adjusted and fine tuned with my ovation dvd disc:) !

P

PatrickBateman

Junior Audioholic
Does anyone know if the LG 42PC3D supports 1080i or is it just 720P?

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
I'm pretty sure it accepts 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i, but it only displays 720p (effectively, though it is really a 768 resolution, as are most 42" hdtv plasmas).

D

directorpaul

Audiophyte
Expert Mode settings?

I entered 'Expert Mode' on my LG 42PC5D and made some changes. However selecting Expert Mode 1 or 2 in picture settings, I was unable to change any of the XD settings. Does expert automatically engage or disable XD? Also I would like to know how to turn Black Level expansion off (there's only 'high' and 'low') and how do I disable VSM (velocity scan modulation aka edge enhancement). I checked out both service menus and the expert mode, but I cannot find out how to disable these settings. Thanks guys.

I

i49mobile

Audiophyte
Expert Mode password for LG 22LC2D

I bought a LG 22LC2D. I pressed the menu button on the remote and got the password box to come up. however, when I type in 8741 I do NOT enter the expert mode. What password so I need to enter. Thanks Steve

R

Rockster

Audiophyte
I have an LG 42" LCD and just tried that code, it works!
thanks for the tip!

toninjo

Audiophyte
RZ-42PY10x

Hello! (LG TV)

Is there someone who can tell me more about MAIN BOARD! And if there is any sulution for that becouse this problem cost me about 500 Euros.
........................................................................................................

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks a lot!!! I'm gonna try this when I get home!!

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Worked great on mine!!!!! Thanks for the info NGL!!!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis